Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Glow In The Dark Pin Cushion......................OR.........................Hell Yes It Hurts When You Stick Me There!!!!........................."

Good Afternoon;
Well the 'Skull Cracker', (aka Neurosurgeon.....lol) has sent me to the Neurologists for more testing, nervous system and nerve tests, something called an EMG, I figure I'm either going to be filled full of pins like a VooDoo novices practice dummy, or strung up with electrodes and made to dance like Pinocchio when the juice is turned on.....LOL! I also have to go get some more X-rays, so it's a good thing I'm through with having kids, (planned ones anyway...lol), because with all the assorted radiation and magnetic fields I've been exposed to.... a 3 headed baby would be one of the better mutations......LMAO! These X-rays are supposed to be taken while flexing certain parts of the back, leg, and neck/shoulder I think. I wonder if it a stop motion type of thing or is there such a thing as 'video capture' X-rays? We'll know tomorrow, just look for me over in the corner at the Starbucks in the evening, I'll be the one with the built in reading lights....I'd much rather have a 'post activity' glow from some other type of exertion, but.....oh well, such is life in the slow lane.... ;-(
Anyway, after the walk along the 'Helen Back' trail to and from the doctor's office, (it's called that because it seems like I walked through that damn wind and cold all the way to 'Hell And Back'!), I caught the bus to the coffee shop. I ran into a gentleman named Abe from Russia who I had met last week. He is a professional photographer who has been shooting the work of a Jewish Viennese glassblower and sculptor, Whose name is well known and on the tip of my tongue.....(I'm short on time, I'll Google him later and tell you). He was another who was surprised that I am on the streets from our talk and as he was leaving he asked if he could give me a $20.00, well being X-mas eve and being short I accepted and thanked him, gratefully. Last night he came in and asked if I liked fruit and handed me a bag of oranges and grapefruits...and 1 apple, it must have been lost,,lol...not being able to eat all of them and not wanting them to freeze and go to waste, I shared them on the bus and with some folks at Starbucks.
Last night in the shed I was really comfortable and almost did not get up to go to Jenn's to shower and do laundry. I finally did get up at 10:00 am. and the damn wind made me wish I had stayed in.
I'm leaving her house now and heading over to the coffee shop for a few hours, then back to the shed. It is warming up outside, it's nearly 37 degrees!! tonight should be another good night for sleep....once I get in the bag. No not THAT way, alcohol is bad for you in the cold, as I well remember from the days when I would leave a club sweaty and hot from dancing and with a full load of 'anti-freeze' in my system........yeah, not a good idea.........LOL!
Later..............................Dave

No comments: