Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Adrenaline, .....................Lisa,................... Caffeine,.................. Her Mom,... & ..................Lycopine...................."

Good Evening;
So,... I got up at 7:00 am. and saw grey skies and rain and said the hell with it and lay back down to a nice, peaceful, lazy, sleepy kind of day.....or so I thought.
At 9:15 am. I heard voices under the carport discussing the air conditioner and evaporator units, one a real estate/leasing agent, the other a browsing potential buyer. Then they mentioned something about the shed being on a foundation and having electricity.......THEN the door gave a thump and I heard part of a comment about "I gave it a kick......." and ......"wedged.........at the bottom".

Well..........I haven't 'undressed, dressed, and had my boots on and tied, and bag packed, and out the door in 30 seconds' in a long time, (the voices had faded and I heard a car start and pull off, as I was holding my breath and sitting silent). As I was running the chain through the holes and locking the door I heard a "hey you, that't twice" behind me and turned and saw Lisa walking towards me. She was walking to work, after a detour to the Dunkin' Donuts across the street. She walked to the Giant with me and we chatted for a few minutes and she continued on down the street to her family's business a block over.

I went and made an extra strong and sugared to get my body up and moving at a rate to meet my heartbeat, and went looking for something for meals today. As I came past the registers I ran into Lisa's mother, (who I had seen more of in the Giant than Lisa this year....lol), and we had a laugh about seeing Lisa twice in 18 hours. I was on my way to check out when I saw the most incredible red tomato mixed in with all the pale orange and still slightly green tinged ones on display. I grabbed it and when it came time to eat here at the coffee shop I got two slices for my sandwich and the rest looked so good I just tore open a package of salt and pepper mix and ate the thing like an apple. I don't know how this beauty got mixed in with all the hot house losers, but I'm happy it did........lol!

The rest of the day has been wet and dull and just a mix of sleep apnea startled awakenings and a 'right behind my right eye' headache, a low grade fever and backache........the type of things the meds just dilute and not erase. And of course the nerves that start jangling when I think of what is going to go on with the shed. The building has been vacant so long, maybe 5 years, (possibly more), that complacency just kind of took over.

I just turned on the (s)laptop to look at the NCHV and VA websites that someone told me about, and because I needed to look for a message, which isn't there, and I'm signing off now.

Later...........................................Dave

No comments: