Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Time Warps Or Just Warped Time?....................And................Glassy Eyed Over Glass..............................."

Good Evening;
So, in bed in the shed by 10:30 pm. last night, asleep by 11:00 pm.....with the light on and the book on my neck, again.....lol. Got up, put the book away, took nighttime meds, peed, fell back asleep......and woke up at 2:30 am. reached up and turned the light off. This is a crazy pattern I've slid into. I was up at 6:00 am. to take morning meds and make a phone call to see if I was to go down to the hospital for a free exam and evaluation for a research study, but my number has not been activated yet, so I need to call again next Wednesday early AM.
I fell back asleep and woke up thinking it's 8:00 am. or so and it was 10:30 am. For the first time in a while I feel almost rested, and got up with only minimum back pain. I hit the Giant for coffee and lunch food then went over to the library to drop off and pick up some books and get on the computers there to do some research without having to go through the whole rigamarole that booting up sometimes takes.
While I was in the stacks my cousin Harriet, (from my grandfather's abandoned first family, who sought me out after the Jewish Times story last year), who I have not run into for quite a few months came over and said hello. We talked a while and are going to get together for coffee or lunch after the run of Jewish Holidays this month. I have been thinking about her and was going to look for her and/or her husband at the Disney Princesses On Ice show on the 26th. He is an usher at the First Mariner Arena and she usually sees the show, (and lots of other shows.....ushers may not make much if any money, but the access perks are great), each year.

Then it was here to the Starbucks where I ran into Abe, and then my friend Visa.
Abe mentioned that 2 women across the room who he had been talking to were the wife and daughter of Gianni Toso, an incredible glass blower and artist in glass.
I have been in awe of his art and his talent since I read an article about him in the JT, (I think it was there), a few years ago, and love to look at his creations for all the intimate and intricate detail. I stopped his daughter on the way out to relate my appreciation for her father's work and to wish them, L'Shana Tova, or Happy New Year, and she seemed really touched to hear it.

Now it's time to fix up a salami sammich for dinner, and start packing up afterwards in order to get out to the bridge to catch the bus.

Later....................Dave

P.S.....................And I reiterate.................I have no idea how or why the text will be the color I typed it, or the default blue,................fully, partially, or multihued, from one day to the next.
On the (s)laptop that is, the library computers publish whatever color I choose to use as suits my mood.

No comments: