Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Dear God.....Please.....NO MORE Dora!!!!!!!!!!................"

Good Evening;
So after a couple of days in the company of a 3 year old girl with a twisted and creative mind.......(I'm SO proud of my granddaughter, the gene's have run true through both my daughter's and now her!...............lol!)............I'm ready for a break.
"I'm the Map...I'm the Map,.....I'm the Map....I'm the Map.....I'm the Map..............."
{I can't get it out of my head....hellllpppp mmmeeeee......}
I must say though that even though the depressive slide as I head on down to the bottom half of my cycle was not reversed, it was at a plateau for a while, and it feels as if the 'bottoming out' and 'rebound' portions may be both quicker and shorter this time. As if I now have a small 'positive balance' in my "Cosmic Karmic Savings Account" in the Last National Bank Of Nirvana, Dalai Lama Branch, Lhasa, Tibet.........................lol.

Anyhow, there is a bit of a buffer existing at the moment, which the weather has been a big part of. The next few day's forecast of rain will see whether it is enough.
I know one thing I have to do in the next couple of days is one of the most despised tasks that I really hate to do.....the dreaded 'clothes shopping excursion'........ughhhhhhh!
And not as bad but still no joy for me........boot/shoe shopping!
Having been 'hard to fit' all my life, and with memories of childhood shopping trips to the 'Four Sisters', (Hecht Co., Hoschild Kohn, Hutzler's, & Stewarts), in downtown Baltimore's shopping district on Howard Street, swirling around still, and also still always being somewhere 'off the edge of the chart' in one measurement or the other in clothing and shoe sizes, (and in the old days they could always do the dreaded 'alterations', which meant standing on a platform in front of a triple mirror while some old biddy or an effeminate man of questionable orientation groped and pulled and then stuck pins in me.....[but at least the clothes would fit!]...and does anyone remember Hess or Hahn shoe stores?....and 'hot' shoe stretchers and placing adhesive pads in shoes that actually came in more than one width?...), in today's 'off the rack' take it or leave it world....is it any wonder?................lol...!

But needs prevail, and although I've held onto the cash I've been given for clothes/shoes for a few weeks now.....it will eventually begin to 'nickle and dime' itself to death if I don't use it soon. Besides I need socks and jockeys, and they are relatively painless....with no 'fittings'.....lol!
Okay I'm outta here tonight, even though I slept for about 8 & 1/2 hours, in 3 sessions, (the last one being ended by the 'ex' calling and asking if I wanted to meet Rachel and her at Mickey D's for breakfast....[sadly the timing wouldn't work :-( , and when I tried to arrange for a day with Rachel to come over and play with Devin, see the new kitties, & head out later with me, she was still a little bit sick and not up to it :-( ]...about 8:00 am.), I'm still kinda slaphappy and goofy,....{obviously....lol}. It's back up to see how the shed fared without me for 2 nights. I should sleep well at least as far as the temperatures go tonight, it's near perfect 'outdoor camping' weather.

Later..........................Dave

No comments: