Thursday, April 30, 2009

"End Of The Century..........................."

Good afternoon;
Well it's official, the signs are on the doors;
Starbucks in Pikesville is closing Cinqo De Mayo...Tuesday May 5th.
I wanted to express my thanks and appreciation to the 3 managers who were in charge during the period that I considered it my sanctuary from the streets, a haven of middle class normalcy in my stressed out street level existence. First it was Diane, who eventually transferred to the Harborplace/Gallery stores, and is now a new mom..Mazel Tov and thanks, then it was Melissa, now the mgr. at the St Thomas store, where I will going on those days when it's rainy or just 'too darn hot' this summer, (if she does not go on a permanent 'aliyah'), thanks and I'll see you next week, and finally, last but not least, Lisa, whose little unexpected gestures and courtesies made me feel comfortable and wanted, not just tolerated. Thanks, and I guess I'll find out Tuesday where you are going to re-locate to.
I am also extending my thanks and gratitude, to 'the cast of thousands', the barristas and shifts, who were generous in times of need, and allowed me to help them out in little ways, hopefully making their job easier at times, and who treated me as a friend, and shared in the jokes, gossip and banter.
Hopefully by the next time cold weather rolls around, I'll be coming by all your various scattered stores for occasional visits, not planted in one as a base of operations.
I received an e-mail last night from a gentleman named Paul who says he is a follower and wanted to send me a donation, and asked if I had paypal. Well my high financial dealings are usually conducted in small bills and coin, so electronic money movement is pretty much not a problem....LOL.
I told him that I appreciated the gesture, and if he really wanted to send me something he could use my mailing address, but it was okay if he did not.
The fact that he was moved or inspired enough to want to do such a thing, and that he said in the subject box of his e-mail, "I'm A Follower" is a great confidence booster and extremely gratifying.
Disclaimer:
Although I will take ANYTHING anyone wants to send, I am not really soliciting any money when I bitch about how broke I am, or come up with some cock-a-mamie donation idea, while I appreciate, (hell...I ADORE!!) money given to me...it is not my intent to use this forum as an instrument to influence, convince, or cajole. Most of the time the statements are made lightheartedly, even though the need may be real... I have to keep my sense of humor.
I AM serious about any mentoring or advocacy type help, or living space anyone wants to offer.
Like I say...You want to send money...Mucho Gracias!!
But there is no subliminal messaging...(twenty dollars) or hidden agenda (fits nicely in a letter size envelope) anywhere in (money orders) my writing.
(Rotflmao)
I'll be back later..............Dave

No comments: