Saturday, April 11, 2009

"The Waiting Game........."

Hey;
Sometimes just hangin' in and hangin' on can make all the difference, in the twelve step programs there is an adage that says.." don't give up before the miracle happens", and like most of them it is overused to the point of meaninglessness, but every once in a while, it rings true.
I've got my meds, and thereby my sanity, peace, and positive attitude. I saw my 1 year old grand daughter for THE VERY FIRST TIME last night, and my 4 year old grand son, thanks to the kindness and generosity of my son-in-law Tom. The weather last night was so nice I sat around outside until afterr midnight,talking with my friend Mike fom the Giant, reading and watching Criminal Minds on the portable DVD player. I slept reasonably well and woke up in minimal pain..(for me), and all the leaks in my 'shack' were either just beyond my sleep area or did not start to drip until I got up. the Giant overcharged me by $2.00 and just paid me in cash, while allowing me to keep the item, instead of putting the difference back on my card. My friend Lyn walks in the coffee shop and slips a $20.00 bill in my pocket and wishes me Happy Easter. My friend Chris let me shower and shave at his rooms and gave me a new tennis duffel bag, ( and the one I have just ripped pretty badly this morning). Oh yeah, I threw a buck to the State of Md. on the Keno and walked off with $4.00.........Okay it is a better day, you think?
Gotta go Times UP..................DAVE

No comments: