Friday, April 17, 2009

"I Don't Have A Title "

Gut en Tag;
Yet another beautiful Spring day, I'll be heading out soon I just wanted to slip in a few thoughts and hellos.
As I was on the bus heading in town yesterday afternoon I ran into Mike/Leo on the bus to the Metro, and we chatted for a few minutes, and Again! he tells me of another run in with a cop, I pointed out that it was in a different area, and a different jurisdiction, and he says yeah ALL cops must have it out for him...I saved my breath.
When I was waiting for the Light Rail at Mt Royal station, an old guy, looking real beat up and down and out was asking people for any spare change, as he came closer I could see that there were mental health issues in his life. People either were saying no and brushing him off or pretending he did not exist. i felt both angry and guilty at the same time, angry for their treatment of him..and guilty for my own desire not to want to talk to him. As he walked past I reached into my pocket and gave him all my change, I really could not afford to do so, but I felt compelled to. What the hell, I had food and I could most likely, (I hoped) get at least 2 days worth of meds "on the arm" as we call it, 'cause my word and credit are good these days, where it matters.
So I end up standing on Mt Royal in front of the Gateway bldg. of MICA for an HOUR, and not one person stopped. I left because of a breakdown across North Ave. and I wanted to stay 'under the radar', while the police were there. It's just common sense and good manners, if you want to do something that is technically illegal, but can be overlooked..DON'T flaunt in their faces!
About 20 minutes later when the cops left i stood on the other side of North Ave. on the I 83 exit ramp, in the same amount of time I was given $21.00, (which paid my past bill for my meds, so I erased that debt, an have another 5 days worth at least).
OBSERVATION:
The cars leaving the city, between 5:30 and 6:30pm are mostly higher value and luxury class vehicles, and the drivers APPEAR to be 90% white ,upper middle class and upper economic level, middle and upper management, and executive types...(my opinion).. suburban, middle aged, home owner types. Most of whom choose not to see me, or surreptitiously read my sign when they think I am not looking. In general people who do not know..or THINK they do not know anyone who is or will ever be homeless.
[From past experience, the hours of 2:30-5:30 pm. have a broader demographic, and are much more likely to help out, with money, food, blankets and advice, and to acknowledge a nod and a smile with the same at least. I would judge by the cars and the dress that these folks are acquainted with at least the cold fingers of poverty brushing the back of their neck from time to time.]
The cars entering North Ave. are a much more varied lot and even those in Mercedes, and BMWs are apt to give, even more so are folks who are driving moderate or economy level vehicles, and to offer hope, blessings and word of encouragement.
Okay, next, I spoke with Md. State Senator Bobby Zirkin today, where else..lol in the Starbucks, and offered him the address of the blog, he suggested I contact Del./Dr. Dan Morehaim, so I e- mailed it to him also....who knows maybe my ramblings will help someone else out of a hole.
I ran into a woman on the bus stop at North and Greenmount about 9:30 pm. last night...(yeah I know, but the 13 bus got stupid crowded and the dumb-ass driver decided to put a wheelchair on LAST...so I got off until the next bus), and we were talking, and she said she had been there on the streets for a while previously, and we compared notes for a bit. Just before she got off the bus at Eutaw St., near Reservoir Hill, she wrote down her name and Phone # and said if I am ever really stuck to call her for maybe laundry and possibly a shower. This was an older white woman around my age, quite a surprise. Thanks Linda.
I e-mailed the blog to a couple job posts on CL for entry level writing jobs, don't expect anything...but...."one never knows...do one?"
I want to say Hi to Saleesha (???){I really ought to ask if this is the correct spelling..when one is hopelessly in love with the most beautiful woman in the world...the least he can do is spell her name right.....dontcha think?}
Well I'm outta here for now, I want to make the best of a Friday rush hour, because I'm going to the 24 hour laundromat tonight, and that'll use up the last of my fortune. I'm going to shower tonight or tomorrow, if I have to run through a car wash, it may kill me but I'll be a clean corpse!!!!
The library closes at 5:30 today so I probably will not be back...see you all tomorrow... and as always I thank you for reading, I hope you get some enjoyment out of it, and I am not averse to monetary showing of approval...LOL
AKA : DON'T APPLAUD.....THROW MONEY!!!
..........BYE NOW........................DAVE

No comments: