Monday, April 20, 2009

" Nature's greatest green is gold, her early leaf's a flower..........'

Greetings to all;
It's raining again, and another day is shot to hell...which is not always a bad thing, I am about as energetic as a three toed tree sloth..(say THAT six times fast!!...LOL) today. I really did some walking Friday and Saturday..which is good, what is bad, is that I used to do ten times as much and not feel it, of course I also was doped to the eyeballs....I think it's a pretty fair trade-off......LOL...!

OK, there is a walk and rally for homelessness awareness this evening around 5:00pm in downtown Towson...the rain has got me locked in so I am not going to make it, but if you are in the area witha car....stop by..(and let me know what went on).
I'm waiting to hear from Alfredo, if he got his phone, I saw he read the blog...wants my clothing and shoe sizes,I have not bought new clothes for so long I do even know them...it's usually been a process of..."here..see if this fits". I have always hated clothes shopping, even as a kid, I had one of "those" body shapes..EVERYTHING had to be altered, and then I hit puberty...HA!...and it ws welcome to ..Boys HUSKY World...and I swear that the designers who are given these sizes are being punished..so since sh*t rolls down hill...we 'chubbies' were never known as fashion setters...LOL. I remember this one matching shirt, pants and vest outfit, in purple, brown, and mustard yellow..yeah... Of course it was "the Sixties", and a lot of people in the fashion industry were fans of Dr. Timothy Leary.....hmmmmm..that does explain a lot!
Okay, to be serious for a minute. When Chris and I were downtown Saturday,we were approached by a couple, male and female, about in their late '20s or early '30s, looking like dirtballs, whose scam starts out with....."Excuse me do you know the address of a shelter or a soup kitchen?"....JUST SAY NO!!! and keep on going, these junkies ahve been doing this for at least 10 years, rotating in and out of jail and recovery houses as sentenced by a judge. If you stop, the lies start flowing, and it's hard to get away, people end up throwing money at them to escape. They did not know they were being overheard around a corner as they were counting their money, and saying "we've got $96.00 we only need an $104.00 more and we have enough to get high for tonight.
"TONIGHT"!! that is what set me off, I panhandle, you know that, and I will give somebody money to get well;... but just like the people who beg in places that allow homeless folks to sit out of the rain, with or with out buying anything...the only rule being NO SOLICITING,they ruin it for people who don't abuse the situation. Don't be conned!
I got to see Rachel Saturday morning and we played outside the Starbucks all morning. I sent her one of those animated E-greetings, and (with her mother's help) she picked out one and sent it back to me too. She is so funny!
Okay the connections are failing here right and left,,,gotta go .....Dave

No comments: