Thursday, April 30, 2009

"The First Thousand................or 1 K At A Time....."

Hello;
We are going to break the sound barrier this afternoon...Mach 1 is only 5 visits away......Thank you all so much.
Okay.....Check out this site....it is called RAKTrak, and it is for tracking Random Acts of Kindness across the globe, if you are helped, or see some one helped or help someone, you log on and sign in and post it..(simplified explanation....see site for details).
I was introduced to this by a gentleman named Jeremy, who invited me to sign on as a facebook friend, with the note that he followed my blog.
I signed on to RAKTrak also, it's what I do anyway, 'pass it on, and pay it forward'...
I was on the corner yesterday, and this guy comes up and asked for .55 cents for the bus, and I handed him a buck and handful of change, as he limped away on his crutches, a motorist on his commute home stopped and says to me, did he just see me give that guy money, I told him yeah why not, he needed it..I had it, he says but your homeless, and I said, "homeless does not mean heartless", and he shook his head in amazement and handed me a $5.00. I am not bragging, just offering an example of how just being decent can start a chain reaction...
(Anybody out there old enough [or with enough gray matter left,,after all it was the '60s...LOL] to remember "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie?)
See you later.............Dave

No comments: