Monday, April 27, 2009

"Please Mr. Postman..............."

Hi again;
Just wanted to let you know that Random Acts of Kindness do payoff!
I figure that if I just keep Paying It Forward, my turn will come around eventually.
And...it has!
After Rachel and I played around here at the library, we went down the the Pikes Diner, which is the old Pikes movie theatre, where I spent many, many days and nights of my youth, (and as a little kid too, my dad was a projectionist when I was very small). We came back to the library, and after her mother picked her up, I got on the subway to head down to my favorite corner. The phone rang before the train came, it was the ex, telling me I had mail from New Jersey, yup..you got it..Alfredo sent me a $50.00 money order! Thank You, Mi Amigo, Mucho Gracias! (now I have to figure out how to cash it, the address is not the same as my ID, and I cannot find the change of address card)
And, while I was on the platform, I struck up a conversation with a couple in from Ohio on a visit, who were trying to find the best way to the Inner Harbor. I went into 'Tour Guide' mode and gave them advice, tips, and suggestions, along with directions. We talked about the blog and they asked for the URL, and, as I was getting off at the next exit to head over to Rachel's to get my mail, slipped a few dollars into my hand. It is really so much easier to be nice and helpful, for the sake of being nice and helpful...and it pays off when you need it sometimes, even without, (or maybe especially without) any expectations.
I must admit, I did not go to the clinic this morning, I washed and shaved early, and then ended up in a conversation for about an hour with Richard Dalcin, (the photographer, remember?? if you need any awesome portrait or wedding etc. work, use the 'search blog' tool for his link), and then ate breakfast, and then it was almost noon, and then I went to the library....(Procrastinators Inc. at your service), maybe I'll make it tomorrow.
With the weather warming up I think I have to expand my search for a suitable place to both sleep and stash my belongings. I am not abandoning my quest for a home, but I need to find someplace that leaks less and is more securable, and is also less visible, in light of the longer daylight hours, AND has better ventilation. These past two days of 95 degree heat have turned my 'hidey-hole' into a sauna.
I also want to have better and quicker access to some of my writing and my medical records, which are stashed at the ex'es, and for that I need the conditions described above, the last thing I need is to have them trashed, wet, or stolen.
{Damn, the Ramones really kicked serious ass back in the day, did they not!!}
{Thank You, Rhapsody.com, and the Baltimore County Public Library system.}
I want to take a minute to thank all the wonderful folks I've met at the Pikesville Starbucks, employees, and especially customers, who have become not only friends, but a support system and non judgemental advisory council. And in some cases a true lifesaver. When the coffee shop closes in a week, how am I going to figure the logistics when you scatter in a diaspora across the area?
We should all get together for a Cinqo De Mayo party....I'd host.......but!!!!!
Alright, the servers or routers are screwed up again, so I'm out of here for now, maybe I'll check in just before close at 8:45, since I'm staying in the A/C anyway.
.............later.............Dave

No comments: