Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Like Morton Salt......'When It Rains....It Pours!!!!'...or........SH*T HAPPENS!!!!....[and happens,...and happens,...and happennnsssss!!."]

Good afternoon;
First..my thanks and appreciation to Nurses; Patti, Mike, and Alex; and Dr. Muldrew;...and Kareem-my personal gurney driver...LOL..(forgive any spelling goofs please..it's been a long couple days), of NorthWest Hospital Center.
your kindness, courtesy, and compassion were a Godsend.
So...how was your day so far? I've had better..in fact I've had better, weeks, months, years, and probably previous incarnations!!
I'm sitting in the Starbucks this morning, around 10:00 or so, and I had just finished a lovely roast beef sandwich on a fresh baked sub roll with mayonnaise and tomato, and some Pringles, this is a frequent favorite meal, and about 10minutes later I started feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and extremely disoriented. I put my head down between my knees, as one is directed to do in such situations, and it helped for a minute. Then the symptoms became much worse and I went to the bathroom and became ill, which again helped for a minute.
Then.. I got really, really, dizzy, and I could tell my blood pressure was through the roof, by the edema in my legs, and the pounding in my neck. The dizziness became severe and I became very nauseous, even though there was nothing left, and I could not walk with out staggering...at this point I became scared as hell and asked the mgr. to call 911. They arrived and took me to the hospital, where I was admitted immediately to the ER, with a blood pressure reading of 220/109. I was given IV meds for nausea and to lower the blood pressure, which kept fluctuating up and down, still in the very high range. I've got to tell you this was very, very frightening, I mean I am a veteran of hospital trauma centers and ERs, and I have been through some pretty serious sh*t in my life, but I do not ever remember feeling so bad I was crying, (wishing I was dead, yes...crying, no). I felt like I was drunk, and hungover (at the SAME TIME)..and dope sick and in withdrawal, AND suffering from salmonella, all at once...and as I write this I am still a little woozy. At some point I must have fell out because I remember (vaguely) being injected with something and having oxygen administered.
After blood tests and Xrays came back..the official diagnosis was...."we dunno??", no direct cause or vector could be found for the effect! About 5:00 this afternoon I was discharged, with instructions to see my primary care provider..which at THIS TIME!, I plan to do in the morning...but we know how I can procrastinate..so we'll see. I'm going to sign off now..I feel a bit weird again/still...hopefully I will be back tomorrow, and able to catch you all up with the drama at the Starbucks that led to my 'visit' to the detention and court system Monday through Wednesday,
I guess a little background would include revealing that it involved, a childish fit of ego and anger, and an attempt at revenge by a false police report being filed against me.......Stay tuned...LOL
................Later.......................Dave
OH YEAH!! I found ANOTHER cell phone last night, in the bathroom at the Giant, and while I was shopping the owner's daughter and I talked and she met me as I was checking out, and as I gave her back the phone, she handed me $6.00!
May be I'll start a business...."Who Ya Gonna Call?----Cell Finders!!"

No comments: