Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Back To School....Back To Sleep....Back To Basics..........(burp.........'scuse me!)............"

Good Afternoon;

So I left here yesterday and went over to Prologue and my caseworker was in a meeting that had been rescheduled at the last minute so we had a quick talk in the lobby. Shelly gave me a bag of school supplies for Rachel and we made a note of the new court date (which I just found out about, the night before!!, and god only knows how long it sat and would have sat at the place where I get my mail if I had not called and asked!, but that's another rant....lol.), and tentative arrangements for a transportation and documentation. I then took a shower and remembered why I don't like to use the shower there. It had no exhaust fan and is situated in the geographic center of the building on the ground floor, so you cannot get dry for all the moisture in the air, I have to go out in to the public hallway to dry my feet and put on socks and shoes. Also it is a disability access shower, with no rim, only a 'bump' at floor level, and is poorly constructed so all the water splashes and spills out in to the rest of the room. Annoying enough that I avoid it except for urgent needs...or memory lapses.

I called the 'ex' and asked if Rachel was home and she said yes and come on by, so I did. I spent about 3 hours over there with Rachel and her mom, and 3 of her other siblings, (from the 'ex'es' first marriage), the cats and the dog. It was a pleasant few hours and we both needed the time together. And I needed the fresh brewed coffee!!

After I left there I went over the Starbucks and sat and read. (I forgot to mention that I was given a bag of 'marked out' sandwiches on Monday night, 3/4 of which I sent home with Jenn to put in her fridge for me when she gave me a ride back to Pikesville Monday night.......another example of either "one door opens when one door closes", and that horseshoe that is stuck up my....LOL!!...since that afternoon I had spent my last bit of funds on food for the day.) I took the early bus back and was laying down and asleep by 11:15 pm. I woke up at 1:00 am. thinking it was dawn again, then fell back asleep until 9:00 am., the longest period of uninterrupted sleep I've had in weeks. I ended up getting out of the shed about 11:30 am, having dozed in and out again.
I'm heading over to Jenn's to get a cup or three of coffee and something to eat, (and she answered my e-mail with an affirmative and the word.....'meatloaf!'....meaning either she has made her famous "Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf"....MMMmmmmm!!!!,.............Comfort Food Extrordinaire!!!!...........or.....get over there like "A Bat Out Of Hell!"......LOL!
Later ......Dave.
P.S....To 'Drackar'.....until recently the volume of hits per day were not worth the trouble, the projected returns being only a few dollars a month...Thanks though for the thought.

No comments: