Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Long Time Gone.....Saddletramp Rides Again!........................And.............Plop Plop Fizz Fizz..................."

Good Afternoon;
Many thanks to you, Loyal Reader, and to the large batch of new visitors to this little 'Exercise in Exorcism' here, the 7,500 mark has been hit and passed. I know it's not a lot compared to the pros and big time blogs, but it still boosts my ego and self esteem that some of you think I have something interesting to say...(at times.....LOL!!).

I know that the latest surge is from a long lost friend who contacted me on Facebook a few days ago with the "Are you the Dave who....." question. It's been since the mid 80's since Craig and I last talked and we had a lot to catch up on.


(!!!----FLASHBACK----!!!....There were three of us that used to hang around together back in the day who all became father's the same summer, (Shall we politely put it....'unexpectedly'.....lol!), at the same time someone sent us a newspaper article stating..."Marijuana Use Lowers Sperm Count".....LOL!!)


Limited as the medium is using the 'Messaging' function we back and forthed for a good while and plan to keep in touch. He must have posted and or referred a bunch of folks to the blog, who seem to have referred others. Which is the only advertising ever used here, word of mouth, other than the interest generated from The Jewish Times, and Baltimore Magazine articles. As most of you know those brought me into contact with long lost and unknown relatives and shed some light on my roots and a whole 'nother side of my family I never knew about. They also put me in contact with an outreach organization that is working with me on my S.S.A. claim and other things.

Well, today when I sat down at the computer here at the library to check my e-mail, what do I find buried in the junk mail file but a note from a reporter at a local TV station who wants to meet and discuss a possible story about the blog....(and me to I assume....LOL!!!)!!!

As soon as I am sure this is legit, I'll have more details.

Even if it does not pan out, what a hoot!! Another couple of minutes of air time.......without the words or phrases, "wanted in connection, warrants issued, anonymous tips, arrested, or sentenced".......ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
(it's an inside joke)

Anyway, when I left here yesterday I stopped at Jenn's to drop off my bags and grab a bowl of the Shrimp, Steak, and Smoked Sausage with Diced Tomatoes w/Garlic Basil & Oregano in Rotini......MMMMmmmmmm!!, and headed over to Penn Optical, (AGAIN!!), to the appointment for an eye exam and new glasses. This time I went to the York Road store in Govans because I could not get an appointment at the Mondawmin store, (where I was told 'Walk-ins Are Welcome??!!??), and was told by both Penn Optical and JAI that sibce it was the same chain, I did not have to come back in for a new referral, but could just scratch out and write in the other store's address. Of course when I got there, they were having none of it!

Let's hear it for Incompetence In Action

Bus, Train, bus and bus to get there, standing in the hot sun,and the same back, except at rush hour and I had to wait as 2 busses were so overcrowded that I could not get on...

So I made it back to Jenn's and listened to Ed tell me about his day at school....gee I wish I was back in Kindergarten, any curriculum that has 'Nap Time' and 'Finger Painting' as mandatory subjects is all right in my book! I walked over to the Metro and got on the bis to Mt. Washington and sat at the Starbucks and finally got around to eating breakfast, (at 6:00 pm..lol!), and was craving a sweet and something dairy.....(and we know what a bad thing that is prelude to).....and decided to go for the better grade of yogurt with the 6 active cultures, it was great....BUT!!

I sat outside and read until the light went off out back and caught the bus back to Reisterstown Plaza where I had to get off the bus because of the nauseating odor of this woman's perfume, it smelled like the disgusting odor that wafts out of the black womens' beauty salons where they use lye and all those other harsh chemicals...overlaid with the aroma of rotten fruit! Well by the time I caught the next bus to Pikesville and the gas station I was in agony and severe gastric distress, I barely made it to the restroom. This set the tone for the rest of the night, with repeated trips back to the bathroom. I don't know how I was able to be in such a situation, or why...but even the buprenorphine, [which acts as an inhibitor to motility, like Immodium and Lomotil, (and also other opiates/opiods...which is why so many junkies end up hooked on laxitives too)], I have been taking was overpowered. Needless to say, it was a rough night. I rolled out of the shed around 9:30 and went to the Giant to wash up and by that time the effects of what ever had hit me had dissipated.

I got up at one point just before dawn and threw on my old shoes and stepped out side, and with wind blowing it was actually cold! It is really nice outside now and I am heading over to the coffee shop and thinking about what to eat that will be the least irritating to a tired and aggravated digestive system.


See You Tomorrow.........


................Dave


Happy New Year----L'Shana Tovah

No comments: