Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Ecclesiastes 1:2.........................."

Good Afternoon;
Just one more thought before I head out.
I was in the bathroom at the Starbucks shaving the other day and had my shirt off to keep it clean and dry when I looked at myself in the mirror that is larger and tilted forward more than most to accommodate wheelchair patrons, and got a glance of my body that I have not seen for while, not having access to a full length mirror. All I gotta say is....I gotta lose some weight!...and get some muscle tone back!
The diet of easily handled, prepared, and consumed, high in carbs, foods I tend to be eating due to my current lack of refrigeration and regular cooking facilities; and... the lesser amount of exercise I have been getting due to no longer walking as much or as long because of both my pain issues and not being out on the corner panhandling anymore AND my notoriously slow metabolism, has caused the 'middle age spread' to morph into the 'Battle of the Bulge'...and I'm on the German team........LOL!!!
They say the camera adds 10 pounds...........GGrreeeeaaattttt!!!
That's not the Michelin Man or the Good Year Blimp....it's only me.
I really gotta lose some weight.
(And don't even bring up 'Male Pattern Baldness'!)
{And I am really embarrassed about my teeth, the upper front 2 are rotting away, and Medical Assistance only covers cleanings....What a help that is!!.....NOT!!!! My only saving grace there is that my normal, natural smile is with closed lips.}
The thing is, I hate exercise for exercise sake....whatever isn't hurting is usually either ready to fall off, or was just torn or broken and is still numb because the shock has not worn off yet!
[One of the reasons my addiction to dope and coke lasted so long before anyone noticed how far gone I really was is that I did not look as physically devastated..(think Keith Richards..LOL)..as some junkies do, due to the slooooowww rate of my metabolism. Basically, I looked in the best physical shape in my adult life, (well except for the time spent in Florida, when 'beach consciousness' reigned...lol), when i was in the middle of my addiction!]...Irony anyone...LOL!
Anyway...................later............
.......................Dave

No comments: