Saturday, September 4, 2010

"CRS......OR.......As 'Chicago' Sang....'Does Anybody Really Know What Day It Is?'..........................."

Good Afternoon;

What a difference outside! I left Jenn's around 1:00 pm. and almost went back in and put long pants on...but, I'm gonna wait as long as possible, until the temperature forces the matter, I have a need to be somewhere that forces me to don them, or they are the only clean pants left.......lol.

I ended up going to sleep on the couch last night because the leather?/pleather?/vinyl? of the recliner makes the aforementioned hot flashes and cold sweats even worse. I could not find all the towels and blankets I use to build up and pad over the sags and framing of the sofa, so when I fell asleep about 1:30 am. I was twisted like a freak show contortionist as I tried to avoid all the lovely features that make an old beat up couch a torture device banned by the Geneva Convention, (think Gitmo without the water-boarding.........LOL!), so when I woke up, (or regained consciousness), around 8:00 am. it took me an hour to unstick my eyes and untangle my body enough to make it to the kitchen and turn on the coffee pot and stagger to the bathroom. I had about an hour to myself as Tom had left already, (during the time I was functioning with audio reception only), Jenn was asleep, as was Edward, and Devin was awake but happy and content in 'baby jail' with a sippy cup of chocolate-strawberry milk and 'UP' on the DVD player. I had my coffee and the cold leftover steak for breakfast and by the time I was finished the kids were ready to move about. I fed them PB&J waffles and we watched 'Peter Pan', (2003 version, Rachel Hurd-Ward as Wendy), on the cable together. I took a shower and was on my way out and I asked Jenn to wash my denim shorts for me and I would pick them up on Monday morning when I stopped by early for a shower, before heading over to pick up Rachel for the State Fair. She told me that I had promised to watch the kids Sunday afternoon and evening while she was at a baby shower and Tom was DJing....Duuuuhhhhh, Huh??? I had no memory of this arrangement. Not that I didn't agree to it, but that the damn CRS...(Can't Remember Shit!) is getting worse! If I do not write it down or put it on my phone's calendar when making more than one 'playdate',....forget about it, only the first, most recent date will be stored in my "bubble[head] memory".........LOL.

So, after I finish posting this, it's over to the coffee shop, (and hopefully to meet a certain person and head out for an 'adult beverage', (Jenn was out of everything but juice boxes last night....lol), and some conversation. Then back to the shed and a cool night for sleeping outdoors, at last! (unless I'm invited to a 'sleepover', but even though I spend a lot of time in a world of fantasy....as much as I may wish it...I don't see this one coming true..........LOL!!!)

Tomorrow, Sunday, ( It's very weird, today feels like a Sunday for some reason....of course if you are reading this on Sunday...IT IS........LMAO), I'm supposed to be at Jenn's by 2:00 pm., so I'll either be at the Starbucks earlier, sometime in the AM., or possibly 'sleeping in' until 1:00 pm. or so...(unless of course Hell Freezes Over, or some other such 'fantastic' event occurs and I am coming from breakfast in bed......see above.......LOL!!!!), so I won't be back online with the blog here until Tuesday, since the library here is closed on Sundays, and Monday I'll be busy at the State Fair with Rachel.

So have a Happy and Safe Labor Day Weekend, and if for some strange reason I'm not here before then;

L'Shana Tovah Tikatevu!

Later.......Dave


No comments: