Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Close Your Eyes Tight And Keep Repeating-----"There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home"................."

Good Afternoon;
I just got the word.....
Thursday night on the 10:00 pm. newscast on Fox 45 Baltimore,
there will be a story on "The Blog & I".
Also to be seen on http://www.foxbaltimore.com/ after then under 'Cover Stories'.
Well I got to Jenn's about 5:30 pm. yesterday with a splitting headache and an aching back, so of course Edward was in full hellion mode. I got him in bed by 7:45 pm. though and was able to finally sit down after cooking a small bottom round roast for dinner. I took an OTC decongestant and some ibuprofen and ended up staring at the TV for an hour without knowing what I was watching. I ended up coming out of the doze in time to watch the season premiere of "Two And A Half Men", which I think is one of the funniest shows on TV. I also ended up watching the new version of "Hawaii 5-o"....Eeehhhhhh..... I'll stick to classic reruns of the original, like the movie version of "Miami Vice", some things don't transfer well out of their era.

I started out trying to sleep on the couch but woke up in agony, I sat up and turned the TV just before Midnight and saw the close of the first half of "Famous, Rich, And Homeless" on 'Green TV', (channel 113 Comcast), which I have seen a few times before and the final segment, which I had not. Talk about a group of clueless, out of touch, spoiled, rich folks!

One thing that was interesting is the British, (and Scottish), approach to 'Homeless Hostels', as opposed to mass shelters with a 10 to 100, (or any number in between), men in cots, on pads, or the floor, these are buildings with single occupancy rooms, with doors that can be shut and locked, small but private. Some with bathroom and shower, some with just a sink. Bed, lamp, dresser, shelves, electrical outlets and electric kettles or hot plates, clean but worn maybe...but better than the stockyard/prison feeling at 'Code Blue'!

I ended up switching to the lazy-boy recliner around 2:00 am. and eventually fell asleep I was woken up about 7:30 am. by Jenn getting Edward up and fed and ready to go to school...and her and Tom bitching at one another. All in all I thought it expeditious if I just pretend to be asleep until Tom left with Ed, when I got up and went to the bathroom and then got the coffee made. I watched the news and fixed Devin her milk and gave her breakfast and we played until Jenn, (who is not feeling well right now), got up. I showered, ate, caught the 1:00 pm......and here I am. The sinuses have begun draining and the pressure in my head has lessened. The cloud surrounding me seems to be a bit thinner. The big external stressors are still no cash expected until the 2nd of October, and having used my last 2 mgs. of buprenorphine, with no new source in sight.

I have to try to track down Mike, from the Giant, who was at the doctor's office when I called, and then I'll probably head over to the coffee shop and kill the evening until it time to lay down in the shed. This may be the last cool night to sleep for a bit, the temperature is supposed to be 88-90 degrees W-T-F, and like the letters state...WTF??? Autumn begins tomorrow!!

I guess that's it for now.............Later

............Dave



No comments: