Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Is It Safe?????...................."

Good Afternoon;


Okay who turned up the thermostat on the Sun?!?

It's getting hot again, I am so done with temps. over 80 degrees!


The shed was stuffy when I was finally able to force myself to get moving about 11:00 am. today. Both on the physical and mental/emotional level it was a strain. I am recovering a lot slower than usual from all the walking Rachel and I did on Labor Day and the strain/sprain/pull/wrench or whatever it was that I did to my lower back sometime that day at the State Fair. What used to heal in 4 days to a week is now taking 2 to 3 weeks or more. I could not sit up today, I had to roll over on my stomach and push myself up on my knees and hold onto the walls to stand, while all my joints creaked, crunched, popped and cracked in a complimentary chorus like a sound track to a low budget Hong Kong Kung Fu film extravaganza.


The fog of depression that keeps fading and thickening and thinning and building up again all about me seemed to sap all motivation and desire to move this morning, blanketing me with a crazy quilt of 'why bother', 'what's the point', and 'who care's'. Eventually the boredom and bladder overcame the enervation and ennui to the point where I got up and out and over to the Giant.


After I used the restroom and then purchased something to eat I ended up talking to Carol, one of the cashiers, for 30 minutes or so. As we were standing by the doorway, it seemed like 3/4 of library staff came in amd out of the Giant on their lunch breaks....lol. I treated myself to Sushi, (pre-packaged, but made fresh there at the seafood counter every day), because the collection of Giant gift cards I have been collecting had enough combined value between them that I could! (At the self service registers there are frequently discarded gift cards with cash values fo $1.00 or less left by people who have used them and do not feel like dealing with the tiny amounts left on them.....I always pick them up, and form the floor and the trash can also when I see one being thrown out, and call the "1-800" number on the back to get the balance, mark it on the card and save them up. Since the cards are what is known as 'bearer instruments' in financial terms, there are no P.I.N. numbers needed.) Today I had a 3 way combo with shrimp, eel, and tuna rolls, plus a "Black Forest Parfait" from the bakery's reduced rack. Yummmm! And tomorrow I get to feast on the leftovers of the roast I cooked at Jenn's and the Rockfish covered with a crab and cheese stuffing crusted with crushed Ritz and Triscuit crumb coating......Double Yummmmmm!!! Like I've said before, except for a couple days a month, I usually don't have a problem with finding food, (now the healthiness of my diet 3/4 of the time is not going to be heralded in 'Men's Fitness' or 'JAMA'....lol!, since for the most part it consists of various items slathered in mayonnaise and shoved in a bakery roll of some sort.), and eating is the last real pleasure I have left, so I try to make it as enjoyable as possible.


I was lucky, blessed, and grateful enough yesterday to find someone who gave me a 'bupe', so I am still in need and stressed about getting enough to last until the 2nd of October, but I now have 2 more days to search, and before I have to worry about the physical issues related to abruptly stopping the medicine without a gradual taper time.


I also made contact with my case worker from Prologue and scheduled an appointment for next week, and am going to pick up some school supplies for Rachel also. I have been in contact with my friend Michelle, who needs dental patients to practice on at the school she is attending, for cleanings and examinations, in order to get clinical time and credits towards her graduation. We are meeting for coffee Friday afternoon and to set up a time for me to come in and have (what's left.....lol!), of my teeth cleaned, and which through love, generosity, (knowing my cash flow and M.A. situation), and generally a severe lack of available bodies volunteering, she is going to pick up the fee, which while greatly reduced is still beyond my means at the moment. My circle of true and intimate friends may be extremely small, but we are willing to bleed for one another. (Which I may be doing if she slips with the dental pick.....LOL!)




Okay, time's up again.........


Later....(???)......


Dave




No comments: