Wednesday, September 15, 2010

" Gremlins In The Electronics....Ghosts In The Machine....&....'Gypsies In The Palace'.........."

Good Afternoon;
Okay what is up with the computers at the library??? 3 times I have either signed on and been kicked off for no reason, kicked off in the middle of signing on, or not even been allowed to sign on because the log-in box was not on the screen.

Oy Oy Oy!!!!!!......LOL!

I just finished with FOX 45 News, and I had fun doing what I do best....talking about myself......LOL!!!

Look for the story to appear on the 10:00 pm. news next Tuesday or Wednesday, it will also be available online at http://www.foxbaltimore.com/ under the 'Cover Story',....{I don't see that area, I'll get back to you, maybe she meant 'Feature Story'},.. area. Kathleen and Dave were very empathetic and were great to work with. I'm sure the editing will make me seem more coherent than I feel I looked and sounded........LOL! There were shots of me typing, and answering her questions while I wrote the blog, and reading parts of it aloud. We went to the shed for some interior shots also. We then went to the shade of some trees in the Giant parking lot and took some staged shots of me eating and drinking lunch, and some more Q & A on life, backstory, the blog motivations and beginnings, and, (and I hope this looked good and gets edited into the story), me reading the title poem from my book, "TaleSpinner", which more or less sums up why I write!

As I was leaving the library to do some outside shots of me going in and out and back and forth of the library and the shed...(AKA a 'Perp Walk'...........LOL!!!), a woman stopped me and said she had just been reading my blog, (we made a bit of a commotion in the library with the camera and me talking and reading some of the blog out loud), and said she was with a new online news service from AOL called 'Patch.com', (as in "your community"patch.com that was for local news in outlying communities of bigger cities, featuring Pikesville.... [see http://www.luthervillepatch.com/ ]. She asked if she could do a story when the site was ready to come online in 6-8 weeks or so. Pretty Wild!!

I forgot to mention that last night I stopped by the 'Dunkin' Dumpster' and picked up some donuts that would keep well and stay intact for breakfast, which I offered them, and which they politely declined. I was hoping that they would take one and then I could spring the news that they were...'Reclaimed Food'...........but no such luck...LOL!! The food they showed me taking a bite of happened to be 1/2 an Italian Cold Cut Sub from Subway that Daniel at the gas station had given me, he had a whole bag full to share. I also spoke about the different places I get food when the cash flow drops to zero and the Foodstamps are gone..ie., the dumpsters with 'clean' food, the 7/11 that I am sometimes able to get the marked out sandwiches from, and the other store where I occasionally sweep the lot up for the owner and get some food items in return.

Now it time to eat for real, so I am heading over to the Starbucks and probably spending the rest of the day there, (not having the cash for anything or anyplace else....[I asked Tom about any possibility he needed a hand on any of his jobs, but right now he is waiting for invoices to clear so he can get paid from his customers, so money is tight]......), unless I meet someone there who wants to take me out...I'm in the mood for a cold beer......LOL!

Later.............Dave

P.S. Someone here mentioned the possibility of a 6-8 week housesitting job they were willing to share with me, if the owners approve. I just hope they are not familiar with Jimmy Buffett's song which is the last phrase in the title for this post............ROTFLMAO!!!!!



No comments: