Friday, September 3, 2010

"Born Yesterday.................. {Actually, The Labor Began Yesterday, I Just Cut The Cord A Minute Ago}................"

Good Afternoon;

Or for me, good morning.... I went to the coffee shop yesterday after leaving here and stayed there until about 8:15 pm. when I heard from Monkee, (who had jury duty and finally made it home) and headed over to her place. The Light Rail and the #13 bus are nowhere near synchronized so of course there was one leaving as the train was rolling to a stop. The wonderful and efficient MTA and the courteous and competent drivers somehow decided that the schedule is really only just an inside joke and I, (and the 15 or so other people there at the stop), waited well over an hour for the bus that was due in 20 minutes, and the next in 20 minutes, and the third in another 20 minutes. 3 buses eventually showed up and by this time there were over 2 dozen people waiting patiently and quietly at the stop. Of course all three buses were standing room only...except for the one which did NOT stop and rolled on past to the quiet murmurs of civilized discontent expressed by the bypassed passengers.

When I did get on the bus after being nearly trampled by the crush of the well behaved and well mannered mob that bum rushed the bus, not having the common sense to let the people disembarking leave the bus first, I was forced to stand, after fighting my way through the geniuses who always stand at the bottleneck in the front of the bus, at the narrowest part, causing gridlock and just staring sullenly at anyone trying to get past. (I think there is a correlation between the amount of boxer shorts or ass exposed and the wearing of shower shoes with socks in public, the rolls of jiggling fat vs. the amount of spandex, added to the number of fake gold tooth covers and the largeness of the watch face on the phony counterfeit bling watches worn, when factored with number of times the word 'yo' is used in a sentence and all variations of the word 'f*ck', the amount of lead paint ingested and the number of rocks of crack smoked, when expressed in inverse ratio to the amount of usable brain cells divided by courtesy, civility, and basic intelligence.) I eventually got to my stop and fought my way to the bus door, where the driver not only stopped in the middle of the street instead of at the curb where he was supposed to, (and had plenty of room to do so), but refused to lower the bus, (and it was a kneeling bus so equipped), for anyone getting off, (not just me)....into the pothole in the street!!!!!
Thank you MTA,...."the revolution will not be televised!!!"

Anyway, I saw Monkee, and after I took care of my business we were on the porch talking and watching the neighbor's kids running around out side at 11:00 pm. at night. None of these darling little examples of 'baby's momma drama-ism' and 'babies having babies' could have been older than 8 years old. They were ducking down between parked cars and rolling their Dollar Store remote control cars and other objects into the roadway as each batch of cars started moving along as the traffic light turned green. It is a tossup if they wanted them to make it across...or get run over and smashed. Their big thrill was when cars would slam on their brakes nearly causing accidents, when they would run into the house laughing. An older child, in his early teens, was riding by on his bicycle and said something to them to the effect that they should not be doing what they were doing and that someone would get hurt. The mother of these little bastards, (and I'm using the term both figuratively and literally), comes rushing out of the house in a cloud of smoke, wide eyed and geeking, and starts screeching and screaming at this young man to leave her kids alone and cussing him out at the top of her lungs....which were pumping out crack smoke with every word. I left to catch the bus, (which was only 10 minutes late), as the night was lit up by the strobing red and blue flashes from the dash mounted lights of an unmarked cop car. Even down the 2nd block and around the corner on North Avenue I could hear her screaming and yelling. I have not talked to Monkee yet to get the juicy details, but I thought I saw a 'paddy wagon' heading that way as the bus pulled off. More info, (gossip...LOL!!), in a later post.

The portion below was finished on Saturday, because the computer cut me off yesterday and the waiting list was so long (30+ people) that no one beyond number 20 was even going to get to sign on!

I made it back to the Pikesville library around 11:30 pm. and sat outside and finished reading my book. The after hours drop slot comes in handy and helps me reduce the weight of my bag a bit, every little ounce makes a difference to my shoulder and my back.

I went over to the gas station about 1:30 am. and played the Keno, with the $2.00 winning ticket I had found on the street. I played the last few games until shut down at about 1:55 am., ending up $2.00 ahead, which I gave to Daniel to repay the loan he made me the other night, so I ended up breaking even. It was close to 3:00 am before I got to sleep, the shed was not to hot and the batteries I bought at the Dollar store enabled me to run the fan. Of course being the cheap-ass Panasonic lead/zinc type I ended up falling asleep with it on and using up most of their charge....lol.

I woke up at 8:30 am. and rolled over to sleep for another half hour until the library would be open, and woke up again at 1:37 pm.!!! Because there was no sun on Friday morning the shed did not heat up as quick or as soon. I came here after going to the Giant and washing up and shaving, and getting a small salad to eat under the trees out in the front. I had a message from Jenn asking me if I could come by earlier that afternoon because Edward had his first soccer practice that evening. (Oh what a picture...all these 5 and 6 year old kicking the sh*t out each other....lol! Jenn said there were a bunch of them who kept getting their hands squashed because they had not yet had it drilled into their minds that it is 'Hands Off The Ball!'.....!!!) I got there about 4:30 pm. and it was Devin and I having a "Floating Tea Party" for the next 3 hours. We had a blast, (I work well at the 2 year old mind level....lol), and I fed her dinner. She and former President Ronald Reagan agree that 'ketchup is a vegetable', she used her finger to eat all the ketchup I squirted in the corner of her plate for dipping her dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets in. She eventually got around to eating one and a half nuggets after I began playing King Kong, AKA, 'eat the airplane' with her!

When Ed got home I feed him while Jenn showered and cooked up the steaks I had bought on sale the day before. After Jenn left and I got Ed into bed with a movie playing on the DVD, I dove into the shower and spent nearly 45 minutes washing, shaving, relaxing, and trying to use up all the hot water. I gotta say the water heater is not only hotter than hell, it is damn near inexhaustible!....LOL

I don't know if I'm running a low fever, it was the residual humidity, the nature of their apartment's airflow, side effects from some or all of the meds, the combination of the hot coffee and the caffeine, and the after effects of the blasts of heat and hot greasy air from opening the oven, or a combination of any or all of these....or if I'm going through 'male menopause' because I've been experiencing hot flashes and cold sweats at irregular intervals. It is really annoying and especially so when I have to change into dry shirts or shorts right after putting them on a short time before.

Anywho.......that ends Thursday through Friday. I spoke with Rachel and she is feeling better, and she is excited about seeing the horse races.

I'll be back later today.....

......Dave

No comments: