Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Too Hot To Trot......................"

Good Afternoon;

It is just nasty outside today, as soon as you take ten steps you are soaking wet. Rachel woke up feeling better but tired, so with the heat and humidity so miserable we are going with the Monday plan for the State Fair. I walked up to the other Giant from Jenn's house about 7:00 am this morning to get some milk and some Powerade and a couple steaks while they are still on sale at $4.99 @ lb. (I would have rather waited until I get my Stamps on the 7th, but they go off sale tomorrow) which I'll cook up when I come back to her house Friday night to watch the kids. I also wanted to get out of their house while she was getting Edward up and ready for school, he is distracted easily enough as it is, and this is still a whole new ball game with no set routines yet.
And I wanted to be out and away until Tom left too, he is frustrated and angry because of work related money issues and slow paying customers, and is barely civil at times and I don't want to have to feel like I am walking on eggshells, figuratively speaking. He came back from dropping Ed at school for few minutes after I had returned from the store, and again as I was packing to leave just after Noon, and the tension was a palpable thing you could almost cut with a knife. It's funny in a way, I can now see how people have said I was back when I was using, (NOT that Tom is, make no mistake about that!!), and no one would know what kind of mood I would be in when I walked in the door, (though with cell phones, texting, and e-mails, Jenn is forewarned most times), and I can see, through 20/20 hindsight my father's behavior in myself.

Is there a case here for the theory that many times women marry men who reflect their fathers in some aspects? In one of the articles from this past winter, while being interviewed Jenn mentioned that; "he, {me}, is no longer angry at the world, and no longer trying to blame everyone or everything"....[and I have paraphrased here], things that I never realized I was doing or saw in myself. Now, looking in the rear view mirror of experience and maybe too much self analyzation, I can see echoes of the past and how the ripples and vibrations I caused as I floundered through life spread, and how they touched and affected other lives and merged and with the ripples they made.....


Anyway, I left there and went to the Metro Subway station and got my monthly bus pass, and caught a bus up to the Giant in Pikesville where I made 2 small purchases, going through the line twice so I could withdraw cash from my Independence account, (the card will not swipe so I cannot go to the ATM at the bank, and D.S.S. wants $5.00 for a replacement card....not happenin'!!), so I now have money for Monkee and for the State Fair with Rachel, (and her mom has generously offered to make up the difference that I have to spend on the full price wristbands...Thank You, "Y'".!!, and Jenn says she has some ride/food tickets left over from their visit Tuesday night, so that will help too.) and to purchase a few few necessities such as deodorant and batteries, and to be able to eat for the next week until the Stamps come through. As long as the Fair and the next 3 weeks of my meds are covered I can deal with having no cash, (as long as my Stamps come through on time), I am not going to stint on the Fair, this is a once a year, lifetime memory building and bonding situation, so whatever Rachel wants to buy, try, eat, or ride...it's covered. We'll even be able to go to the horse races on Monday, which is a bonus as there was no racing today, and she can bet ONE race, choosing the horse by whatever means she likes, be it color or jockey's colors or name of the horse, or number...whatever! (of course if she wins.......LOL!!!).
Until then, I'm just going to try to stay out of the heat as much as I can. The problem being that to get somewhere where I can sit and hang out in peace requires a fair amount of standing in the sun waiting for buses. Oh well!
(Random unrelated comment: WTF is with all the flies at the library? The damn things are only under the computer desks where they are feasting on my legs, they are a bloody mess right now. And it is not just me, I see others swatting and slapping too. There must be a damn nest under here somewhere.This is ridiculous!!!)
I'm going to head out to the coffee shop now, if only by reason of default.
It is a case this time of having money in my pocket that is already spent or committed. Well I probably can squeeze out enough for a cocktail or a beer without upsetting the books, but only if I can find a suitable companion with whom to converse, ...(or...this being Baltimore--'conversate'.....LOL!), and carouse.....you know where I'll be..or call or text on the 410-340-xxxx number.
Or by e-mail, I'll be back here tomorrow.........................Dave

No comments: