Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Weasels Ripped My Flesh.......(With Appreciation And Apologies To Frank Zappa)"...........Or........"Attack Of The Amphibian Menace From Venus" .

Good Afternoon;

Another spaced out night of sleep patterns, I fell asleep reading around 11:20 pm. and woke up at 12:30 am. thinking it was near dawn. I went back to sleep and woke up at 2:30 am and could not get comfortable nor back to sleep until sometime after 6:00 am. I then went in and out until closer to 11:00 am. when I got up and went to the Giant washed up and shopped for food for the day and shaved. I was in the store for over an hour putzing around, talking and kibbitzing with people I ran into. Everyone kept asking about the TV spot and when it would be on. I am getting anxious, excited, and apprehensive, not having seen a preview myself, and not knowing if I will come off looking foolish or not. Ridicule being one of the fears and triggers that set off my self destructive trends and nose dives into the depths of truly deep depressive episodes, I am a bundle of nerves behind a facade of nonchalance in public, inside it feels like a 'boogle', (really, it's one of the terms for a group, or 'gang'....see wikipedia!!!..LOL!), of weasels trying to gnaw their way out throgh my stomach and my skull.
Speaking of wildlife, being on the streets and moving around a lot on foot, I see a lot of different animals, especially at night, that would surprise most people in an urban setting. Within the City Limits of Baltimore I have seen deer, foxes, a coyote, egrets, herons, skunks, hawks, falcons, vultures, and beavers and otters. Not mention the rabbits, squirrels, rats, and birds everyone sees. Crossing the bridge on Smith Ave. over the Jones Falls from Falls Rd. into Mt. Washington Mill I have looked over the parapet and seen Red Eared Slider turtles and raccoons, 8 or ten types of fish from tiny hatchlings to a monster catfish onone day after a flood.
Last night I had a bizarre experience on the back patio pof the Starbucks in Mt. Washington. I had gone outside and dried off one of the benches after the brief thunderstorm around 8:30 pm. and was sitting lookin at the full moon ducking in and out of the breaking cloud cover when I glanced down and saw a toad sitting on the coping around the patio and staring at me, or throughme or past me at the moon. I thought nothing of it as I see a toad or two occasionally out there. When I looked again there were 6 toads sitting there, not moving a muscle and just staring. Well I thought that this was a bit strange but maybe after the hot day, the rain had brought them out. I sat for an half hour or so just looking at the patterns of reflected light on the clouds and the full moon and the planet shining brightly near it in the sky, (Venus or Jupiter..???). I looked around and nearly jumped out of the chair, there were at least 2 dozen toads of all sizes ranged around the edge of the patio in a half circle staring! I stomped my foot a few times and even tossed a balled up piece of paper towards them....and they did not move!!! Talk about eerie!!! I got up and carefully stepped over and around them and walked...very cautiously!!!...down the hill through the grass to the side walk, and there were more toads hopping towards the patio! As I walked away I swear they all turned their heads in unison watching me as I left!
WWOoooOOOooOO!!!!! Freaky, huh?

Surprisingly enough I did not dream about this last night, though I did have one hallucinatory nightmare about alien amphibians invading Earth....lol! And no these were not the bigass Cane Toads from Florida that excrete an LSD like ooze from their skin that some people lick, (and those in the know, collect and boil down to crystalline powder that they mix into a drink....or so I've heard, of course I would never have tried that, nor the cow pie 'magic mushrooms' picked fresh from the pasture while still wet with the morning dew.....LOL!!!), to get high.

Well I'm out of here for now, I'm going to head over to the coffee shop and fix my sandwiches and kill some time before heading over to Jenn's to watch the new William Shatner show-"*&%$ My Dad Says" the new show adapted from a Twitter account that went viral, shower, and then watch the 10:00 pm. News on Fox 45, (channel 15 on her Comcast, yours may be different), and see if I have to disappear or not depending on whether how I am portrayed in the Cover Story.

Later.......Dave

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who has been reading and following my little "exercise in exorcism", (yeah I know, it may be growning old , but I like the phrase...LOL!), there are 7800 hits now, not bad for something I started without a clue about blogging and on a whim after hearing a show on blogs and blogging on NPR..(WYPR...Baltimore)..almost 2 years ago, that basically spread by word of mouth.

No comments: