Tuesday, September 14, 2010

" SLEEP!!!.....The Final Frontier!!!.........."

Good Afternoon;
These are the voyages of the starship Insomnia.
It's continuing mission: To seek out 8 continuous hours of uninterrupted R.E.M. sleep, not induced by chemicals, alcohol, or passing out due to total physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. To drift quietly into the restful, dreamless state of peaceful mind and body renewal and rejuvenation, untroubled and unawakened by extremes of heat and cold; trespassing humans, rodents, insects, birds, and reptiles; floods, deluges, and drifts of rain or snow; the loud and intrusive sounds and scents of nesting birds, DPW employees, jackhammers, backhoes, pumps, generators, diesel trucks idly idling for hours; wannabee skate punks & ghetto escapees & fleeing shoplifters; gunshots, screeching tires, car crashes, police sirens, ambulances, helicopters, and fire engine airhorns. To dream seamlessly & smoothly, unaffected by medications, aches, pains, age, urgent summonses from the bladder, and apnea.
To boldly go where it seems I have not gone for ages, and ages, and ages!
So I did some late night remodeling, some midnight modifications to the shed last night and early the morning...it's not like I could sleep or anything anyway.
After Jenn and I left Mt. Washington where she picked me up after her homegroup, we went and wandered the Giant in Pikesville and talked while she shopped. When she left I sat outside First Watch Cafe and read for a while. I noticed the wine shop owner taking a stack of clean cardboard boxes to the dumpster and I grabbed dozen or so for the shed. I needed them to replace my 'carpeting' where the recent rain, (on top of the dry spell which had caused the wood to shrink), had opened up a slew of new cracks and holes, soaking the old cardboard and turning it to mush. I had enough left over to begin to 'panel' the walls on the inside, starting the 'winterization' process and trying to combat the falling insulation and deteriorating outer walls, which are being eroded by weather and vines growing on, in, and through the wall and the chain link fence that it is nearly flush with on that side. (Mother Nature reclaiming her own!) I also had the excuse of neatening up the place so that if the TV folks decide to film the inside, I don't look like a slob....(or too much of one anyway....lol!).
It was another weird night of reading, sleeping, waking, and spacing. I ended up getting up and out about 11:00 am. and hitting the Giant, then over here to the library. I am stopping at Jenn' sometime this evening or tonight and taking a shower, then heading back to the shed. I'll probably head to the coffee shop shortly to sit and eat. I am supposed to meet with the reporter from the TV station tomorrow, (Wednesday, 15th), morning.......updates as they come in.
That's all for now,
.......Dave

No comments: