Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Belated Birthday Greetings To L. Ron..................................."

Good Evening;

This is an all inclusive (mostly, I'm not perfect, if I missed your faith/religion/sect---blame Google...................lol) holiday greeting(s) for the Last weeks of March/First weeks of April:

13 Friday
L. Ron Hubbard’s Birthday (Church of Scientology)
16 Tuesday
Vaisaki ** - Hindu New Year celebration
17 Wednesday
Saint Patrick's Day - Christian remembrance of one who ventured out to the frontiers.
20 Saturday
Ostara and Mabon * - Wicca northern and southern hemispheres. Equinox observances.
21 Sunday
Naw Ruz * - Baha'i New Year Norouz
Persian-Zoroastrian New Year
24 Wednesday
Ramanavami ** - Hindu celebration of the birth of Lord Rama.
27 Saturday
Lazarus Saturday - Orthodox Christian resurrection observance.
28 Sunday
Palm Sunday - Christian celebration of Jesus the humble one.
29 Monday
Mahavir Jayanti - Jain honoring of Lord Mahavira.
Pesach (Passover) Begins At Sunset - Jewish celebration of deliverance from slavery and oppression.
30 Tuesday
Magha Puja Day ** - Buddhist celebration of Buddha teachings.
Hanuman Jayanti ** - Hindu celebration of energy and strength.
2 Friday
Good (Holy) Friday - Christian remembrance of the crucifixion death of Jesus.
4 Sunday
Easter - Christian remembrance of the resurrection of Jesus
11 Sunday
Yom HaSho'ah * - Jewish remembrance of the Holocaust.
14 Wednesday
Baisakhi - Sikh honoring of the founder of the Kahlsa.

There are no Muslim days listed for this period, though Mawlid An Nabi, The Prophet's Birthday is noted as both Feb 26th and March 3rd, (Sunni & Shi'a)......

The very first item on the list IS an 'approved date for pupil absence' by the New Jersey State Board Of Education....All Hail Space Cadets, Tom Cruise and John Travolta, and the Blessed Space Mothers, Kirstie Allie & Lisa Marie Presley!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I left here earlier today, I went over to Jenn's and cooked some fish and took a shower, then every time I started to leave another heavy rain squall passed over, luckily I have a mindset of 2 year old so Devin and I passed the time together with no problem...and Ed came home just as I was on the way out the door, so I only had about 30 seconds of his attitude, and it did not have a chance to soak in....lol! I talked to Rachel for a minute before seder and she was busy performing for a houseful of relatives....the little ham.....lol!
I woke up this morning with cold feet and cold ears, the temps. really dropped and the wind and the rain were fierce at times last night. I started out in shorts and no socks and somehow woke up, (I don't remember dressing), with the draw string from the sleeping bag pulled snug around my neck and my head inside the pillow case.........LOL! Tomorrow is supposed to be 66 degrees, with highs near 80 by Saturday, and a low of 40 tonight....who knows how I'll end up in the morning!!
It is almost closing time so I'll see you tomorrow,
............Dave

No comments: