Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Changes In Attitude........./..........Changes In Latitude............OR...................The Honeymoons Over!......................."

Good Afternoon;
431 posts and 4980 visitors on the Sitemeter hit counter, where has all the time gone?
Well it's officially back again, (full time), to the status referenced in the title of this blog,.........yep............Jenn popped the question last night. You know the one I mean, the one I TOLD her to ask when we were all just one thread away from the breaking point....
'Now that the weather seems to have broken, when were you planning to pack up?'

...and which she has actually been putting off due to discomfort in asking. (And that was actually a Good Thing, for them as well as myself, in light of the past 2 weeks 'Sturm und Drang'.....[and you have not even heard about early Tuesday morning all the way through to the late afternoon yet!!!........LOL!]...)

This was not unexpected and as I said even beyond expectations as regards timing. The few nights out in the past week, and the lessening of tensions all around were welcome diversions that illustrated the need for me to split. Every time I have been packed and ready though, weather or circumstances intervened.

Depending on the availability of the washers and dryers in the laundry room when I get back there this evening, I am leaving tonight or tomorrow morning. If I take off in the morning, I'm going to head right to Jai Medical, (really!, I mean it this time, if I get the laundry done early that is, it seems that every time I plan to wash late or early, that is the day the laundry room door is locked for the night, [as it supposed to be but rarely is, and/or, not unlocked when it is supposed to be in the morning......lol!], and it does not rain or snow, or the sink does not explode again...more on THAT in a minute, yeah, no excuses this time, gonna get right on the train...), and see about this hypertension and whether this numbness in my left arm and hand and funny feeling in my chest is only my poor circulation and indigestion or if my heart is a Toyota product needing a "software adjustment", and if I am eligible for a new pair of glasses yet, and find out about referrals to a shrink, if there is one in a neighborhood I am going to travel to, and some other medical crap..............or not.

I need to have clean clothes for Friday, (my day of travel with my C.M. to D.S.S. and S.S.), and if I bathe Thursday am. I should be clean enough still, and I won't be in the way when they are rushing around like chickens with their heads chopped off trying to not only bathe and do hair and dress themselves, but also the kids and then keep them clean long enough to get to the cemetery for the interment of Tom's dad. Better I'm not there then, so I want to see if I can trade babysitting on Monday night so they can both get out, for the use of the shower at the ass-crack of dawn on Tuesday, so I can be nice and clean if they decide to lock me up when I go to court....Without $11,988.00.


I am..{make that was}..hoping to see Rachel for a bit tonight, there is a piece of mail for me at the 'ex'es', and I'm planning to stop by there when she gets off work.....(damn it's almost 5:30 pm. already!!.....{Now it's damn near 8:00 pm....ooops, screwed that up!}..I'll get the mail from her tomorrow..), and we are going to do something this weekend also, (besides the 'just-in-case-I-may-not-be-around' scenario), since the weather will be SOOOO nice. I don't know what yet, as I am flat broke, but she is always happy just to take a bus or train ride and walk the harbor and get an ice cream with me.

I am going to try again to have coffee with Paul tomorrow afternoon in Owings Mills at the Starbucks, (strike that... he canceled the minute after I hit publish....lol!), and then 'fluff my mattress' in the shed with some new cardboard boxes, (if it is not awash inside, I have not checked it for awhile.....if so, well...it's getting mild enough for some of the 'temporary one night/one time use back-ups).
(How about all that real time editing....LOL)
Now, middle of the night water fun!!!.........NOT!!!!!!!!!

About 1:30 am. Tuesday morning I am on Jenn's couch and I hear what sounds like the Mr. Coffee come on and coffee starting to trickle into the pot. It took a while to penetrate my sleep starved brain that it was only 1:30 and I had just a short while ago set it for 5:00 am. So, I get up and stumble in the kitchen to turn it off and stepped, in my stocking feet...ugghhhhhh!!!, into a rising and spreading pool of dirty, foul, nasty, stinking, disgusting, slimy, greenish and whitish flecked and chunked, grey-brown filmed water......pouring over the edge of the sink, across the tops and sides of the cabinets, into the silverware drawer, into the crevices of the molding, into the openings of the closed but not sealed and locked dishwasher, (where it was also coming back up and in through the drain), and then someone in an upper floor apartment flushed and or their illegal washing machine began to empty...AND A GEYSER ERUPTED!!!, spewing this, this, this....sewer vomit, all over everything! I ran and woke Tom and we grabbed his wet/dry shop vacuum and started running relays out the door, dumping bucket after bucket out onto the grass of the courtyard, (during which time, Tom tells me this is a semi-regular occurrence, and not the first or even the seventh time he has had to do this in their nearly 5 years in this apartment....F*ck That!!, I'd have been gone if the complex had not fixed it after the third time in 2 years!!!)until the inflow-upflow-backflow stopped, by this time it was 5:00 am. and Tom had to clean up and leave for a job he could not reschedule, and Jenn got up and had to wash and bathe because she was being picked up to go to court and testify in a case......guess who spent the next 2 hours cleaning enough utensils and dishes with bottled water...(Oh yeah...after the maintenance man came and checked out the situation, he went and told neighbors in the building...[where HE also lives in the next door terrace apt.], to use as LITTLE water as possible, until he could snake out the drains...of course these ghetto morons ignored him and he had to shut off the water to half the complex!!)...so as to feed the kids? Yep, good ole Pop-Pop Dave....who then put Devin in "baby jail" and FINALLY put enough of the fear of God, (or me, my palm, and the very real threat of duct tape), in Edward to keep him in their sleeping area watching DVDs and playing reasonably sanely....and who then spent the next 6 hours washing every damn thing in the kitchen and then bleaching it and the dishwasher, (after multiple cycles), and then doing as much of the floor as got wet. What a way to spend the first nice day of the season!


I got a really awesome e-mail today..(actually yesterday, but I was a little too busy to get here!!!...LOL!)..from a young woman I met at the now closed Pikesville Starbucks about a year and a half or so ago. We had a nodding acquaintance for a long while, and as she came in each morning for her coffee I began to notice the amazing style and variety of boots she usually wore, (and she is one of those women who is lucky enough to be able to wear most any and all cuts and designs of boot and look great!). One morning I took a deep breath and dove in and complimented her on a particularly lovely pair, and it became a sort of inside joke and ice-breaker between us, especially on those days when she wore sneakers because she was on her way to or from the gym....lol. Well, Monday night I went with Jenn to the Giant after her homegroup meeting and as I was betting out of the truck, I noticed long dark hair and sneakers crossing the parking lot. I said to Jenn that I thought I knew her and as I got out I called, "Where's your boots", and she turned and saw me and laughed. we stopped and chatted fro awhile catching up on things and I told her about the JT and BM stories and introduced her to Jenn.
So I go to check my e-mail to day, and she must ahve gotten it from one of the articles or remembered it from before, but it started....: "Hi, this is Lisa, the girl with the boots......."! Well I was tickled enough to get the e-mail, but when I read it and found that it was an invitation for me and my daughter to share Passover Seder with her, at her parents house, with some other folks too,.....well you know me, I'm about as hard as a marshmallow....I actually got all misty eyed...(good thing it's allergy season....I had an excuse.....LOL!). What a lovely and beautiful thing to do! I replied that I would be pleased and honored to join them, contingent on the outcome of Tuesday's court date. I am really touched, and even if I cannot be there, will always remember this. The last Seder I went to was a very different affair, very orthodox..FRUM..and I was so uncomfortable I 'got sick' and had to leave. I hope, for this, and other reasons obviously...lol, that I am 'free to attend'.
Time is up, I've used all my sessions, and 2 on Rachel's library card too...lol!
Back tomorrow....................Dave





No comments: