Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Ducks In A Row..................Starting With Daffy............"

Good Afternoon;
First, I want to ask;
Are there any lawyers out there interested and willing to do some pro bono work and keep me from possibly going to jail?
I have a court date on March 23rd at 9:00 am. regarding the child support case, you know the one where I owe $12,000.00 and they expect me to pay it...NOW!!
Any help would be appreciated, even getting a postponement for...???...6 months...a month...a week or two...would help.

I never made it to the library yesterday, in fact I never made it out of Jenn's house,(other than the multiple trips to the dumpster...LOL), I watched the kids while they went and bought funeral apparel, and then they went up to Tom's mom's house around noon, and I had the apartment to my self and I just did nothing.....

...........(other than 4 loads of laundry for her and emptied, cleaned, and refilled the litter box, and took that and the huge bucket of litter that had been left under the bushes by the patio for 6 months, [and which was revealed because when the workmen for the apartments shoveled the snow off the flat roofs....they dumped it right on top of the shrubbery, breaking and flattening them horribly], and and showering, and emptying the sink and the dishwasher, and cooking some steaks for their lunch while they were out)...................
Pure, peaceful, quiet, relaxation! Oh?!? did I mention...
THE KIDS WENT TOO!!!!!!!
And when they got home, the kids went right into bed!

This morning I went back to Jenn's and showered then went to meet with my new case manager Liz. We have seemed to hit it off very well so far, and I look forward to seeing her again next Friday morning to make the rounds of D.S.S. and S.S. to file and refile, and make changes in address. We talked about trying to get some legal assistance, wants vs. needs, priorities and practicalities, and put to gether a flexible, changeable service plan...it's a start. They have a shower and washer/dryer available during the day....GREAT now that the need for them has lessened in urgency...lol! Other services will be forthcoming contingent on the outcome of certain answers from S.S. Over the past couple of years I have greatly lowered my expectations of both these types of organizations, and the speed of delivery of any resulting aid. This maybe the exception to the rule, though I am not about to get all giddy yet....lol.

Tonight I have to ride herd on the grand-monkeys while Jenn and Tom go to his homegroup. Tomorrow I cook and prep and arrange the food for the service on Saturday, with Jenn ferrying it down to the church, (where they have a refrigerator big enough to store it), on her way to the 2 viewings, and I'll watch the kids while both Tom and Jenn are at the evening one. Saturday I'll probably plate the last of the salads, and I may get up here to library after they all leave for the church after 12:30 pm. I am hoping to see Rachel this weekend, plans variable depending on the weather.


A couple more people have stopped me and asked if I was the guy on the cover of the JT, or in the BM story. My friend, the owner of Dugans Liquors in Pikesville, (Patronize them please), told me he saw my picture on the wall of his doctors office! LOL! (probably as an example of what NOT to do..........lol). And I have gotten some encouraging and supporting comments and e-mails also....along with a smattering of rude and clueless rants. (A word of advice, to acertain someone.....'Give it up Fool!..it's my blog and I'm the only one allowed to rant here!')
That's about it today, see you Saturday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I am going to be cleaning for Pesach over the next weeks and I know I will have extra food that I will want to give away. Please let me know if you are interested and what kind of food you are interested in. I have a lot of candy from Purim. Would you like it? I also need to know where I can bring the food to leave for you. You can e-mail me at menuchaprince@gmail.com.