Thursday, March 18, 2010

"If You Knew Sushi..........(Like I Know Sushi).........."

Good Afternoon;
What a lovely day, and I actually got outside to enjoy some of it!
I got back to Jenn's about 10:30 pm. last night after stopping at the Giant and picking up a hunk of beef so I could take a last advantage of the use of the stove. I passed out about 1:00 am. and woke up around 3:00 am. and washed all the dishes and did my laundry...(my bio-rythyms are a friggin' mess.........LOL)...and fell back asleep until 5:00 am. when I got up long enough to pull the clothes from the dryer, make and drink a cup of coffee, and make a deposit in the 'Bank of Back River'..(lol)..then fell back asleep until I heard Tom moving about somewhere around 6:30-7:00 am.. I was so tired I literally could not open my eyes or move, almost as if I was in a coma. I heard Devin wake up and begin talking and singing to her stuffed monkey until about 8:30, when my back hurt so bad I HAD to get up. It took me the next 4 hours to crawl into the shower, where I spent the next 45 minutes swaying under the hot water. I was getting dressed when the 'ex' called and asked when I was coming by her job to pick up the package that came in the mail for me, and offered to buy me lunch! We went to UMAMI in Pikesville and she treated me to sushi/sashimi/maki platter and some of the nicest miso soup I have tried. No real reason, she juts felt like eating out, and did not want to sit in the restaurant alone. We had a very pleasant and peaceful afternoon. I am glad that for all the crap we have gone through and disagreements that we still have, that we are able to be friends, most of the time, not only for Rachel's sake, but for our own as well. I am heading back to Jenn's soon and grabbing a few changes of clothes and my toothbrush and razor....etc., and hitting the road this evening, back to the shed and outdoor living. I have been spoiled, by not having to sleep out in the cold obviously, but also by not having to lug all my crap around, by daily showers, by stove and refrigerator access..(especially that 2:00 am. time block....lol)..and by not having to move if the weather is shitty, just to go to the bathroom.
Time's up now...see you tomorrow, after my day with my case manager....
..............................Dave
P.S...5,000 hits!!! WooooHoooo!!!.......
Oh okay, 4,995, if you want to be picky and a stickler for details, but it WILL be OVER 5K by the time I next sign on tomorrow!!
(Or I link in 5 times from a strange browser....LOL)
[Y'know, like elections in Chicago.....Vote Early & Vote Often!!.....LOL]
P.P.S....just to show that "For Every Silverlining There's A Cloud"....
my boots, (that I scavenged from Tom's discard pile anyway), and now well on there way to becoming open toed sandals, I've got to go get a wad of chewing gum to hold the sole to the upper. The right boot looks like the talking 'toon shoes from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"!! I needed to get new ones anyway, these are actually a half size too big and Tom must walk on the insude of his heels, while I tend to walk on the outside, so they are worn down wrong and when I am tired and my feet (and ankles, and knees, and hips hurt.........which is most of the time), I move like Charlie Chaplin's 'Little Tramp'.

No comments: