Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Spring Fever........VS........Mustard Gas"

Good Morning;

It's a little cool this morning but sunny and the daffodils are starting to bloom. By this time next weekend, a 30 (thirty!) degree rise in temps. are expected....I can live with that. Actually, they can stop right there and I'd be happy.....lol.
Jenn called me yesterday evening as I was leaving here asking me if I could watch the kids this morning and again this evening, so I headed over to the Starbucks until they closed at 9:00 pm. and took the bus over to her place after they were asleep, and crashed there. A good thing too, I had a rough night and the proximity of the bathroom was a major plus, as my body's immune system rejected the combination of the Mickey Ds McBistro Chicken sandwich..(which was pretty tasty)..and too much late night coffee!
Of course, with my usual streak of luck, the J-bend sink trap on the bathroom sink had just deteriorated from the industrial strength drain cleaner Tom had poured down the pipes.
A swell combination of odors now infuse the bathroom, from swamp gas to hydrochloric and sulfuric acids, mixed with wet dog and an attemped, and failed, cover up with Glade 'Clean Linen' air freshener....and did I mention my 'gastric distress'? If you've ever been on a road trip through paper mill territory, near a sewage treatment plant, stuck behind a loaded garbage truck, in the middle of a heat wave, and your kid has just spewed a technicolor yawn all over the car......and then you hit the skunk?!?!
Oh yeah, and the maintenance office will be open again on Monday....lovely...LOL!
Well at least I have a viable punishment to threaten Edward with, the bathroom door has a lock on the outside, that is usually used to keep the kids OUT!!!!.......LOL!!!!!
They will be home later tonight, so I am spending the night on the couch again, unless my back continues this spasming, then I may head to the shed again. Tomorrow night, when I have no other place or plans to be anywhere, I'll be back in the shed, and of course that is when the rain returns...It's gotta be Loki....,"are you just messin' with me", (as Ed says when he thinks you're jerking his chain...lol).
I think Rachel is coming over for a while, the 'ex' has some still fresh 'chumatz' to drop off to Jenn today.
I am taking Rachel to the circus with money that I was so graciously given by Marianne, on opening night, Wednesday, April 7th..(half price, get the good seats!!)..and Tom said he is thinking of taking the whole family too, and had not know about the discount. It may be all 6 of us this time.
I have to head back to Jenn's now...I had to get out for a bit, to psyche myself up for a hyperactive day...lol. (but now I don't wanna go back inside......boo-hoo.......lol)
See you tomorrow.........Dave

No comments: