Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Paging.......................Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.............................."

Good Morning;

What a lovely spring day, the epitome of the month of March; cool with a strong and gusty yet warm wind, bright, clear and sunny.

A perfect kite flying day, or sailing day. I am going to grab Rachel this weekend and go buy one of those 2 for a $1.00 kite kits at the dollar store, then hit a park or ball field somewhere, I hope the wind keeps up..(though there is ALWAYS a stiff breeze for some reason on the Reisterstown Road Plaza parking lot, and on Sunday the back and side lots are empty by the state offices).


Yesterday, after seder at Lisa's folk's house Monday night, I woke at 7:00 am. for the ususal reasons and went back to sleep until after 11:00 am. Last night I woke up at 11:30 pm. and rushed to the gas station to use the facilities, and did not get back to sleep until 1:30 am., then woke again at 4:30 am., and kept dozing in and out until 7:00 am. (again for hydraulic reasons), and tried to sleep until just before 9:00 am., when my back and the increasingly occurring numbness in my arms and legs said...'Get Up!!'. Could someone explain the term 'sleep pattern' to me, I don't think I've slept the same way twice in a row for 35 years....lol!


"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That quote is in response to the Charlotte Bronte quote in the quotation of the day box for today, Wednesday 3/31/10,....if you are checking in since then, Google her & 'consistency'.



Did you check out the videos from the City Paper article linked in the previous posts? Did you hear the guy talking about the insane reaction of the woman who tried to give him 2 apples and he only wanted one, and he asked her to give the other to someone else who might need it? Did you hear his comments about 'storage'? Did you hear the way some people have refused to accept his homelessness because he had on a fairly new and clean pair of pants or shoes that were GIVEN to him? Does any of this sound familiar....a bit of deja vu?

I stand vindicated.



Back to the present.

I am going to the Jai Medical offices as soon as I sign off here. Like a volcano about to erupt, or maybe an aneurysm about to burst is a more apt medical metaphor, my hypertension and the nerve?/circulation? problems in my arms and legs have reached a point where something must be done. I really have to get Blood Pressure Meds......today, unless there is an eight (8) hour wait time...then ..screw it, I'll go Friday. (I have an appointment tomorrow, Thursday, with Liz, my case manager from Prologue, and there is a letter from S.S.A. awaiting me there...more on that tomorrow after I get back). But I am going down there today, I've got my pad and pen, my books, and my PlayBooks..(self contained audio book systems now at the library, very cool, a complete book in a unit the size of a cell phone)..and a bag of Dunkin Donut Holes from the Dunkin Dumpster I hit last night.

I am hoping to get prescriptions and that there is still a $0.00 co-pay for them on the P.A.C. plan, as I am down to $5.00 fo the next 3 days and my bus pass expires tonight, so it's cash there for 2 days. And with their corporate SS patrolling the Starbucks trashcans these days, and their grey flannel Gestapo hiding under the counter, the Eco-Commandos of the Social Responsibility Resistance have been immobilized so the surplus food pipeline has been shut off.
I am praying that D.S.S. has not screwed up my TDAP. I really hate going there too, but I got mail at the 'ex'es' telling me I have an appointment on April 16th, which is amazing, because I usually get these letters AFTER the date I am supposed to be there...LOL!...NOT!!!!

Anyway, I will be back here later to check my e-mail, and I'll let you know what happened at JAI..if anything..and I'll be back in time to accept any late dinner invitations for to night also....lol!! ;-} !!!

See you later.........................Dave



No comments: