Monday, March 22, 2010

"Life..............................................."

Good Morning;
Though it is not really the best of times. I am both saddened and humbled by the phone call I received yesterday afternoon, and angry at fate. You may remember my increasing concern and worry over the whereabouts and lack of contact with my friend Allen Cohen, since the beginning of February. While I was in Whole Foods yesterday afternoon the phone rings and I see it is his number, I almost answered with some sort of smart ass comment...I'm damn glad I did not. It turns out he was in University Hospital, (UMMS), in Baltimore City, where he had his left foot removed.....SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! How do you...can you react and respond to a phone call like that? We only talked for a minute or two, and I asked if he needed company or anything I could bring him,...he said he is about to be moved to a nursing home soon, and will let me know when and where. We'll be in contact then.

With everything else that has gone on in the past month and a half, (good and bad and indifferent), and the upcoming court date perched on my shoulder like a carrion eating scavenger, I have reached a state of emotional overload. I know what I should feel, but I really do not know if I do or not. Over the years I have learned to wear the proper facade while concealing the numbness inside so well, that sometimes, like now, life feels like an M.C. Escher drawing, or a Moebius strip.
As I have said before, as crappy as some of you think my life is or has been, I am truly blessed in my eyes....not always happy, but damn who is!!
Perspective!


To other matters;
I want to apologize to the employees and friends I have made at the various Starbucks for the grief you have received on account of the dual stories in the JT and BM. Your kindnesses and courtesies were and still are appreciated by me and the others with whom I have shared the bounty of your compassion, and on behalf of them and myself.......Thank You.
That loyal readers is the result of the fallout I have heard occurred when the area or district manager flipped out after reading that...Oh NO!!! Food was being given to a homeless person....what if he gets sick and sues us!!! (of course they were also...[with permission????double standard??]... giving food to some church or outreach group....when they even bothered to show up to get the food)!!!
I'm only going to do a tiny rant now...a bigger blast to follow at a later post.....lol!
The food that is being thrown away often hours ahead of closing time and sometimes half a day before the sell by date....(and by the way, who in the corporate hierarchy decided that it is better to discard certain 'breakfast' pastries, after 12:00 noon, rather than leave them on sale until closing??)....which is always days before the spoilage date...(by design for safety reasons!!).
ENOUGH FOR NOW!!
Times up this session..........back soon ....Dave

No comments: