Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Walking The Tightrope..............Tempering Ego With Humility............AKA..........Trying To BE Humble Instead Of BEING Humbled........."

Good Afternoon;
This is my kind of weather, I love spring!
O`s Opening Day is 13 days and 3 hours away...(as of 'post time')!
So I have not only a second offer to attend a seder, but also an invitation to speak at a local synagogue on the 'Mitzvah Day' for Baltimore County Jewry...(more details as I learn more myself), first addressing the congregation, and then the fourth grade, on Sunday April 25th.....WOW!...and GULP!!!!!, I am out of practice talking to groups, since not being active in NA anymore, (where after a half dozen times of telling my story, I actually started to have it down as a routine, interspersing humor with pathos, and horror with hope). This is the humbling part, the 'trying to keep my head exploding from the inside' is the very idea of being asked, which in itself is an honor and a cause for humility. That someone thinks I have something to say that is not just of interest or funny, but may be of use to others.
More details after I make the final decision and/or plans to attend.
I went to Monkee's this morning on the bus and the train, listening to the conversations of some of these greedy, ungrateful, clueless morons reminds me how blessed I am.
I have been asked to babysit Devin tonight..(Edward will be at his grandmothers...my first ex...lol.......let her deal with him...heh heh heh).
I'm out of time again.
I may be back later...or not.....Dave
Welcome to Sheri...Follower # 20
And thank you to Marianne!!!

No comments: