Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Takin' It To The Streets............................"

Good Afternoon....again;

So, vacations over and it's back to the shed tonight, the snow is mostly gone from the lot, and the weather is not extreme, and I have reached the point where I feel the need for escape and where, that, if I don't leave now, tensions will build and the relationship that my daughter and I have reconstructed and ressurrected...will begin to deteriorate, if not detonate.

I'd rather stay indoors, I'm no martyr, and I'm not stupid....(alright....so I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I'm not "need a keeper" stupid, okay!.....lol!), and I'd much rather exit gracefully and be invited back, both in times of need and just because.

Of course the weather is so 'confuckted' that it may be 90 degrees and humid for all the forecasters can tell with this system, but no deadly cold or blizard conditions are called for. I'm looking forward to re-esatblishing my old routine in a way, and also losing 24/7 access to the kitchen....it's been a awfully good month food-wise, and an awfully bad month weight-wise!

I met Michelle yesterday at Starbucks and we talked nonstop for 4 hours, and she gave me aride back to Jenn's and stopped in to say hello, (they know each other, I took Michelle to Jenn's High School graduation ceremony....). We were dumbstruck to realize that it had been 10 and 1/2 years since we met...(and I am as much in love as I was then!)...it seems like only yesterday.

When I went to the counter to order my coffee, Ashley handed me a Mishloach Manos basket, that someone who had read the JT article had left as a gift...Grape Juice, Hamentashen, fruit, a granola bar, and flower seeds in a cute painted metal planter....what a kind and thoughtful gesture, and anonymous, so..Thanks, and I hope you had a "Chag Purim Sameach"


(For those of you who are NOT familiar, link to the above)

Okay, now that both articles are out in print and online, I must confess that I like the tone of the JT story better. It seems to focus on the 'who', the 'essence' if you will, and the consensus of opinion of those who have read both and commented to me is that it is more compassionate. The B.M. story, while still an excellent piece, feels a bit more clinical, focusing on the 'what', or the situation, blurring who I "AM" with what I have been through, and am currently going through.Although there are some discrepancies, I have no real complaints....

Other than the print edition BM's misrepresentation of my income..(which was corrected in the online story)...I repeat...I do not now nor have I ever collected S.S.I.........if I did or was...I would NOT be homeless!...'nuff said?
I went to Monkee's this morning and picked up meds, I have to go back on Friday or Saturday to get the rest. Then I came here and answered e-mails.
I'm out of here for now, I have to go over to the Metro Subway to pick up my monthly bus pass, then put some minutes on my phone and pick up some food at the Giant, then I may stop at the Starbucks for a while before I head back to Jenn's and pack my stuff up and roll out.
There have been almost 300 hits here on the blog in the past 10 days....new readers to entertain....lol!
later.......Dave



























No comments: