Friday, June 3, 2011

"A Distressing Morning......................De-Stressed By A Beautiful Afternoon........................."

Good Morning;
Was it not a lovely day today! Warm, windy, & with low humidity.
I made it to Jenn's to grab a shower, coffee, and something to eat, and a couple already cooked hot dogs and some 'cheese n' cracker' pkgs. to go. On the way there I stopped at the library to try to fax some information to D.S.S. regarding my case and why I never received this month's benefits, nor a notice to come in for a re-certification, but the fax number either rang and never connected, or rang-connected-disconnected in 10 seconds, so no luck there.
I am scheduled to go to the Balto. City NW office on the 8th with my caseworker from Prologue so I may wait rather than go down twice, because the soonest anything will be corrected will be July 2nd anyway.

I took the subway and the light rail to the coffee shop from Jenn's after playing with the grandkids for a bit. Ed is now a first grader in waiting, and reads at a third grade level...at the least! Now if only the attention span and common sense would catch up. Devin was going to the audiologist today and finishing the evaluation and getting a referral to speech therapy. She seems to be breathing at the wrong times, talking on the inhale some of the time and her words sound wet and slushy, for lack of the proper term....lol.
No problem with the old vocabulary though....both of them, and Rachel too, are like little walking thesauruses..(thesauri??....lol!).

I made a new 'talking friend' today with a woman I have been on a nod and smile and 'hello' basis with for the last couple years at Starbucks. The other day when it was crowded I offered the other side of the table I was at and grabbed an extra chair for her, and she was there for a few minutes until a table opened up where she prefers, (that's what we regulars do...table hopping and musical chairs until 'our' space is available....lol. (More later)


OKAY, Gotta go, I'm sitting outside the First Watch Cafe using their Wifi, and not only is the battery about to go....the wind has shifted and picked up, and it is chilly.....as I can testify because it is blowing up the legs of the loose and baggy shorts I have on. If it was a movie, 'The Iceman Cometh' would fit, or MJ's music video..'Chiller'.................lol!

I'm going right to sleep both to try to catch up for last nights worrisome, restless sleep, and because I need to be at the library in the morning.

Later........................Dave

No comments: