Saturday, June 25, 2011

"It Only Hurts When I Laugh.............................."

Good Afternoon;
More medical mayhem and abdominal absurdity,
gastrointestinal glee and hiatal hilarity,
and, of course...intestinal insanity;

And who could forget;

And... With apologies to Dr. Suess;
First they said B, then they said C, then the C was almost impossible to see, Now I'm told of concerns about D, which a new one on me; And that "Oh say can you C",
.....again matters to me!
&

Or;

And the new kid on the block;

When the Doc started to make a joke about running some more intensive tests on the kidney anomalies....when I regained the blood capacity to spare any!.....
I kind of said... "Whoa!......TM(F)I!" and she said, (seeing the deepening glaze descending over my eyes), we'll talk about it next time.

Well, at least I had first visit to the bathroom at 1:30 am. last night/this morning where I was not desperate to the point of fear I would not make it....and as near normal as my body ever produces since the car accident in 1980 when the engine block that ended up crushed back into my lap shredded my intestinal tract so that it looked like a garden hose hidden in the grass that had been run over by a lawn mower.....lol. Add in 12+ uninterrupted hours of sleep, (which for me means getting up twice to pee and once to take morning meds without truly reaching a state of conscious awareness of anything but the direct action focused upon.....lol), and the fact that the shed was actually cool up until the time I rolled out after 2:00 pm. and I am beginning to recover nicely from the physical effects of the past weeks viral invasion of my "inner being".....lol.
As for the mental crap, well one good thing that can be said for 'PSD' (Pre-Suicidal Depression...lol), is that it stimulates my creative writing desires, (and possibly abilities...but to say so would be conceited.......lol).

Anyway....at least tears of laughter are mixed with those of the pain, physiological as well as psychological, because right now that punchline from the old joke that I used in the title is like Dr. Suess says;

“Today you are You, that is truer than true.

There is no one alive who is Youer than You.


Later...................Dave

No comments: