Tuesday, June 14, 2011

" 'Poisoning Pigeons In The Park'....................And I Think I Swallowed Some........................."

Good Morning;
Just a pharmacological tip here, and a tiny rant;
Ranitidine, generic for Zantac, (150 mg. twice a day) is as about as useful for preventing or curing heartburn, indigestion, & gastroesophogeal reflux disease, (GERD), what have you, as tits on a boar!
I woke up at 2:45 am. in pain....and....out of Tums, which are not covered by the prescription plan of course since they are only $3.00 for 150 and the drug manufacturers and insurance companies can't gouge the government and or employers providing the health care plan enough to make a profit. And besides, the damn Tums work....quickly and effectively, thereby lessening the amount needed to buy.


I've been up, sitting up to try to slow the rising burning sensation in my chest by accessing gravitational forces, and listening to Tom Lehrer on two albums from the 1950s; his first from 1953, recorded in an hour for $15.00 in a studio in Boston- 'Songs of Tom Lehrer', and a live album from 1959, 'An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer' recorded at Harvard. Great old stuff, parodies, satire, and political and topical commentary. He was (is) a clever, talented, and witty musician/singer/songwriter, mathematician, teacher/lecturer, and TV writer.
Still funny and occasionally still topical over 50 years later.

I also wanted to stay awake until feeling and strength returned to my right hand and arm. Numbness and/or pins and needles and even though I could flex and operate, (though painfully) my fingers......I had--have, no--little ability to grip anything and hold or lift it.....even something as light as an almost empty plastic pill bottle, and my fingers were as dexterous as sausages, (I'm fumbling through this post left handed), I could not pick up a coin. I don't know if this related to the recurring pain that has returned just under my lower left rib cage, or if both and the low, low back pain are an aftereffect of the abnormal gymnastics I was performing Sunday night....but I was not going to attempt to get back to sleep until it faded or subsided, which the hand issues have.
Now I'm taking BP meds and my pain meds....it's a 50-50 crapshoot which way it will go, sleep or insomnia, they affect me both ways, with no pattern I can discern.

Oh well, see ya...hopefully not sooner...........but;
Later.................................Dave

Oh simply friggin' lovely, now the right foot is numb as an Eskimo girl's knees after some quick nookie with Nanook!

No comments: