Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"More Random Ramblings..................."

Good Morning;
So it's quarter to 1:00 am. and I'm sitting on the cement steps outside the FedEx/Kinkos because the benches outside the First Watch have a piece of yellow plastic caution tape stretched across them. Hmmmm? Were they refinished today, or is this because they don't want me sitting there at night eating and doing the Wifi thing?
(I'm pretty sure that the security cameras have the benches in their field of view)
I'll see tomorrow morning...and when I come back at night, what's up then.
(I hope it's the refinish option....concrete is doing my butt and back no good....and let's not even think about my hemorrhoids,.........oy vey!.....lol!

As I was coming past he side of the library after dropping a book in the after hours return I saw 2 cars with their lights on stopped in the lot at odd angles, one with the door open, and a man nd a woman talking to someone near the pay phone. I heard a voice repeating the same statement and similar sentiments, "You're not bothering me, I don't mind if you sleep here" over and over, belaboring the point. I realized I knew the voice and it was Barry, aka 'Rainman' talking to another homeless guy who had stretched out his blanket near where Barry has been sleeping recently, under the overhang on the side of the library. I don't know what the folks in the cars were doing, but they did not seem to be rousting them.
I had once considered sleeping there, but I felt too exposed....I try to follow the 'out of sight-out of mind' philosophy, (and 'stay out of sight when I feel like I'm going out of my mind' also), for safety, security, privacy, and the avoidance of possible confrontation due to mistaken identity, or annoying or antagonizing those members of the public who go all 'nimby' at the thought of a homeless person in their neighborhood, and/or forcing a neutral police officer to take note of a presence, and 'SEE' something he/she would usually let slide.
Especially if there are 2 people, which could lead to an influx of complaints.


Today it was really tough getting up off the ground, my back and leg were sore as hell. It was another wake up at 8:00 am., and reach full consciousness at 11:00 am. day....if I'm not up and dressed and moving when I take my morning meds....that's what happens 6 times out of 10.
I went to the Giant and washed up and bought a big jug of Sunny-D for a buck, because I feel like I need more vitamin C. I then ended up spending the next 3 hours either waiting for buses which never showed, waiting for the subway which was running all screwed up, or sitting in a subway car waiting for it to begin moving again while it sat in the tunnel or on the elevated section, between stations, before getting to Starbucks about 2:30 pm.
I talked with my new friend Visa (sp.?) about her daughter who is a budding Olympic hopeful swimmer and asked about the infestation of young girls from the pool last weekend. She did not know what that was all about but told me that this weekend there is a very large swim meet drawing girls,(and boys I assume), from all over the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
I better stock up on saltpeter so I don't get overstimulated and blow out an already damaged cardio-pulmonary system....lmao!

Okay, gotta run...battery dying and no plug handy...

Later.............................Dave

No comments: