Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow...................................."

Good Morning;
Well it's just past Midnight and I'm sitting outside the library composing e-mails, and writing poetry, (or snippets thereof....as my muse engages me), and being annoyed by flying ants and gnats with a death wish for 'suicide by inhale'.....lol!

This is one of the letters I've e-mailed tonight.
After a couple weeks of indecision and ambiguity, I realized that part of my alternating insomniac/narcoleptic sleep issues was the constant feeling of unease and growing discomfiture with my relationship with Prologue.....so;

To: Michelle P., Case Manager, Prologue Inc., Homeless Outreach Program
From: David B. C.
Re: Termination of services
Date: June 11, 2011

Shelly,

After some careful thought and soul searching regarding my current and future needs and desires, and Prologue's requirement that I transfer my D.S.S. case to a Baltimore County office from it's current Baltimore City status, I have come to the conclusion that I would be best served by a severance of our present connection and a termination of all services and representation.

At this time, any foreseeable relocation I will be making or considering, and any future mailing address that is practical, will be on or within the Baltimore City limits. The county D.S.S. offices are beyond my normal range and impractical also for reasons of time, travel considerations, and simple logistics.

I am appreciative and grateful for all that everyone associated with Prologue has done and tried to do over the past year. I hope that by removing myself from the active client register that someone else who is a better fit for your program may have a chance to benefit from your advocacy.

Thank you and best wishes;

Dave C.



As I stated in the letter, I am grateful, but for the above reasons and other, more personal ones, it was time to leave.
If/When I seek another organizations assistance, it will be one that has less stringent jurisdictional strictures, or if push comes to shove, one tied to Baltimore City, primarily because of public transportation access issues.

Anyway,
right or wrong, coming to a decision and taking action has given me a feeling of release...of the lightening of a figurative if not literal burden.

Battery is fading......so am I.....
Later...............................Dave


No comments: