Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"From Medellin to Maxwell House...........................&.................................Weather Wonderings................."

Good Evening;
It's a nice breezy warm night and I'm sitting on the bench outside the library taking full advantage of the free Wifi. I could be in the shed using the Fed/Ex-Kinkos Wifi but it is still like a sauna inside. The only thing about being out here tonight is that Barry another homeless denizen of Pikesville is up-wind around the corner under the overhang on the side of the library smoking his Sherlock Holmes pipe with a nausea inducing sickly sweet tobacco. Everytime the wind swirls and changes it's direction I get a big whiff of it.
Maple-Rum-Vomit is the brand name I think.

I would like to say Buenas Noches to the fairly recent regular visitor from Colombia,
Mucho Gracias y Sigruen Regresando
I have always been an avid consumer of some of the fine agricultural products of your lovely country, in a previous life, in the 'bad old days' primarily "blanco"....
Now in a much more cleaner and less insane time,
(notice I only said 'less', as a reader here you obviously can see that sanity is not one of the major attributes of my life......lol),
Strictly 'negro'...though with dos cucharaditas de azucar, por favor!

Ah well, except for 'cerveza, por favor', and a few unsavory terms, that's about the limit of
mi espanol.

And now the hoped for rain feels like it has arrived, so on to the shed I will head.
It is down to 80 degrees, which almost feels chilly compared to the 98-97-99 of the past 3 days, tomorrow, Thursday is supposed to have a high of 83 degrees......I hope so!
False alarm about the rain though, just a 'cold' front moving through.
If I had a secure place to sleep outdoors I would, on nights like this for pleasure, on nights like the previous 3....for survival!

Speaking of which, in a post a few months ago I wrote about the 'boxcar' people and how CSX came and moved the cars, dumping peoples lives on the tracks and the ground, to be run over by trains, destroyed by weather and picked over and/or trashed by vandals. On the Metro subway today at the same location I saw that at least 2 people/families were living there again. This time in low shacks and half tent-half shack constructions built up against the cement retaining wall, which acted as an anchor point. More on this as I observe the site in my travels.

Later....................................Dave

No comments: