Monday, June 13, 2011

"Don't Drive Drunk.................You May Lose Your Car Keys!..............."

Good Evening;
So it's 8:00 pm. and I'm sitting here in the coffee shop trying to figure out where to get bus fare for tomorrow, (and the rest of the month, but 'one day at a time' as the saying goes to keep the stress levels down to a minimum).

I have meds, or active M.A. to get refills for the rest, and enough grocery credit to last the month, but cash is in short (as in none) supply. If push comes to shove, I can spend the next 3 weeks in and around the library, and hope to get Jenn to pick me up a couple times for showers or watching the kids.

Today I woke up cold about 4:00 am. and pulled the blanket off the shelf to cover up with. The cold front really made a difference with the humidity, and today's temps. and breeze made for a wonderful day. The next 2 days are forecast to be the same and you'll not hear me complain!

I was up at 9:00 am. and texted Jenn to see if I could come over for a shower asap. I was so funky I could not stand myself due to the weekends heat and humidity,.... and an incident that happened this morning just before it got light and I was walking back to the shed from the gas station. I had just come around the corner of the lot when a drunken a$$h0l3 lost control of his car as he was speeding down Reisterstown Rd. and tried to turn into the gas station entrance. He came up on the curb and across the sidewalk headed right at me and I grabbed the guy wire coming off the telephone pole and levitated my big, old, fat, white butt like I was Nadia Comaneci in the 1976 Olympics on the uneven parallel bars, lifting my legs up and out of the way as the car skimmed the seat of my shorts! The driver kept going over the other curb, into the lot, missing the pumps by inches and stopped the car with the motor running and the door wide open next to the ice machine, (and out of sight of the windows and glass doors of the station), while he went and stumbled inside. I crouched there trembling as the adrenaline coursing through my system from the activation of the primeval lizard brain 'fight or flight' reflex drained away to a manageable level. After the tunnel vision, hyperventilation, and involuntary muscle spasms stopped........the rage took over. I began to surrender to the reflex but luckily as I bent over to pick up a piece of broken asphalt about the size of a brick........the reaction hit my back and I almost collapsed. Now, you may ask, "how is that a good thing?". Well I'll tell you....if I had not had that period of sudden intense pain to counteract my anger and distract me from my intended course of action.....I'd either be in jail, the hospital, or the morgue.

So what happened was.....'SOMEONE', anonymously reached in and took the keys out of the ignition, (his hand wrapped in a paper towel to avoid leaving any traces of his presence), and locked the doors and made sure all the windows were up, (and the car was the type with the metal frames all the way around the window too), and tossed the keys into the dumpster.....only scant seconds before the trash truck pulled up and emptied it and drove off. I, on the other hand quietly slipped back into the shed where I washed the 'fear sweat' off as much as possible....and eventually fell back asleep as my heart rate and blood pressure fell from nearly critical care levels to near normal.

That is why I not only desired but NEEDED a shower today.

Closing time here,
Later................................Dave

No comments: