Monday, November 7, 2011

"Chocolate Dreams................."

Good Afternoon;

Well..., After I watched the Ravens pull that win out their ass and beat the Steelers after almost giving the game away I was too wired to sleep and ended up watching TV until 2:30 am. When I did get to sleep it was a strange sleep, waking at odd intervals both short and long for no reason until 7:00 am. Then when I wanted to get up...crashing hard for 2 & 1/2 hours.

I got up at 9:35 am. and went over to the Giant to wash up and get some coffee in me and do the day's food shopping. While I was there I saw a whole stack of Palmer Chocolate bars in packs of 6 reduced to $1.33 a package, so since I had the food credit...I bought 11 packs. That's 66 candy bars that I can, (hopefully) get $1.00 each for standing on the side of the road with a sign saying "Homeless But Not Begging" "Buy A Candybar And Help Me Out--Suggested Donation $1.00"

If I am able to I'll see what other items of candy, etc. are available in bulk at vastly reduced prices and possibly get some more copies of "Talespinner" printed too.


I will need to do this because there is a problem with my S.S.I. claim that is affecting my T.D.A.P. money, I think. Supposedly...(?)...my application package was never received.....AGAIN. I have to go to S.S.A. and D.S.S. tomorrow to see WTF is going on. I was going to go this morning, but I just don't feel right today, it hurts to breathe and also the pain in the upper right quadrant of my abdomen is back. I also figured that Monday's are always both crazy crowded and screwed up so Tuesday would be better. I'm hoping that if I eat something shortly I'll feel somewhat better, if not I'm either going to the doctor's office or the ER.


I got hold of Erik by E-mail and he said that the best idea is to wipe and reload the laptop, now I'm waiting to see how-when-where to get it to him.


I've posted a few links the last day or so, I hope that you all will take the time to look at them. They show the a glimpse of the scope of the problem of homlessness in America, some good reactions, and some horrible ones.


Also...November 11th is Veterans Day.....a good time to think about the many homeless Vets on the streets and how you could help.


The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans is a clearinghouse and umbrella organization that focuses on and aids them.


Later.................Dave

No comments: