Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Another Day.........Another Doughnut!....."....................OR.............."Running Up That Hill"...................."

Good Afternoon;
Another warm day, but at least the humidity is down, (or was), it was actually more humid in the Starbucks, though cooler, than out on the patio earlier.
I closed the library last night and sat out by the First Watch reading until after Midnight. I then stopped at the gas station to use the facilities and chat with my friend Daniel from Kenya, who is the night attendant there. If the 'usual suspects' are not there playing Keno or Racetrax, we usually talk most nights. He was a journalist for KBC the State run media outlet, and has had some interesting stories on the way reporting of events were slanted by the government.....But I digress. I ended up reading until about 2:30 am. in the shed and woke up about 5:45 am and rushed over to the Giant and danced in front of the doors until they opened at 6:00 am., and raced to the bathroom......it was a photo-finish....lol! I went back to the shed lighter in mind and in body, and went back to sleep about 8:00 am. and got up again around 10:30 am., I lay there until about Noon, then got up and jumped on the #59 bus that was stopped at the light. I called Jenn, hoping to stop by for a cup of coffee, a meal, and a shave, but she wasn't home so I stayed on the bus, which was changing routes to the #60, and went to the Mt. Washington Starbucks. I'm glad I did, because when I was crossing the Smith Ave. bridge I glanced down at the Jones Falls and saw 3 Red Eared Slider turtles sunning themselves in the shallows, amidst a few schools of minnows and a couple dozen very young tadpoles. I stood on the bridge for a good 45 minutes watching and feeding them. (FYI--- The turtles prefer powdered sugar or cinnamon 'Dunkin Munchkins' to the glazed chocolate cake ones....lol). I also watched the acrobatics of some sort of flycatching bird, most likely a purple martin, or tree swallow, going back and forth, up and down the stream, and in and out and through the bridge below me. The quantity and variety of wildlife I have observed here is truly amazing when you stop and consider that this is right on the city/county line.
Anyway, I used my 'last chance - break glass in case of emergency - caffiene withdrawal use only', $1.75 remaining balance on my Starbucks gift card and then the free refill credit on my other, (registered - with a $0.53 balance for this very purpose...refills only), Starbucks card to knock back a few mugs of coffee and wash down the remaining doughnuts from my late night 'cruller crawl' before I hit the shed last night. I left there about 5:00 pm. and came here to return a book and check my e-mails and...here we are again.
I guess you can tell that my mood is somewhat lighter today. I think that the easing of the clinical depression and the making of a decision to somehow, take a trip to somewhere, sometime in the fairly near future has helped. I am still stressed by outside and external influences, and the angst and anguish of solitary versus solitude is still bearing down on me like a second grader with a No. 2 soft lead pencil taking a standardized test, but I am laughing at things again.
Okay, I'll be back tomorrow at some point. I have to run down to Monkee's and hope my credit is still in good standing and she has enough to spare, so I can get my meds up until I get some cash on the 2nd of next month...Wednesday, isn't it?
If not...well, let's not go there yet.
Tomorrow I'm pulling guard duty for Jenn in the afternoon with the little darlings...lol.
At least I'll get a shower and a coffee and hopefully something besides pastry to eat!
Later..............Dave


No comments: