Saturday, May 8, 2010

"This Too Shall Pass"...........OR.........."I Thought Toxic Gasses & Biological Weapons Were Outlawed By The Geneva Convention?".......

Good Morning;

I'm on my way over to Jenn's to do laundry, and make breakfast, (I found some really neat Bratwurst sausage from Johnsonville(?) that are made into large burger-like patties, (fresh and raw not the brown and serve kind), instead of the typical short fat links. A little honey mustard and a potato bread bun and I'm set to go! And of course I'm cooking them in beer because the grill is too dirty right now.

Then it is down to Monkee to congratulate her on becoming a grandmother for the second time..(that she knows of...lol!)..[which is occurring literally as I write this according to the phone call that just got cut short.....lol!], and to grab some meds.

Speaking of meds, my prescription was filled with absolutely no hassle yesterday at the RiteAid, from either the pharmacy or the M.A. verification people.....sign this, and this, and this...initial this, and this, and this, and out the door. That's a first!


I ended up sitting outside the Md. State Troopers Assn. office building and store, (embossed clothing, logo mugs and gifts, etc.), by the bus stop yesterday, in the little pocket park/plaza talking to 2 men from the neighborhood and sipping a beer...(the store was closed, and the offices were empty....lol). I had thought that these 2 guys, (a salt and pepper team), were homeless, from appearance and the fact that they are always sitting there in the park. One guy, (? name escapes me), always has a backpack and his dog Josie with him, and the other Jeff, usually has a bag or carry-all of some type. They are both nice enough guys and Jeff offered me a drink and asked if I ate today, or needed anything.

It turns out they both live down the street, one guy is on some type of disability and lives with his family, and the other owns 2 houses, one of which his ex-wife lives in, and is an ex-Marine and a present day drunk. It just goes to show that appearances can truly be deceiving.


The weather is a good deal warmer today and the threatened T-storms never showed...which is drag because I could have used the wind and the downpour to help rid the shed of a certain funky odor that is permeating the upper end where I sleep. It turns out that The peeping of baby birds that I thought I had heard for only 2 days and the scrabbling noise within the insulation between the walls or roof, and the subsequent absence of bird sounds and related noises was not my imagination. Seems that either some predatory animal ransacked the nest and feasted on some of the chicks and knocked others down into the gaps in the insulation, or the dumb birdies fell out themselves, unable to crawl out and eventually giving up the ghost to remain entombed in my abode! The recent warm weather and nice hot spring sunshine causes the wood of the shed to hold the heat, and as the little feathered corpses begin the process of mummification I am being treated to a host of interesting odors and smells as the fluids and internal organs desiccate and solidify. Oh Joy! I was also visited last night by a couple of those big black insects we used to call 'waterbugs', you know what I mean, the thumb sized roaches that don't run when you turn on the light, but kind of look at you like a 'wise guy' and make you have second thoughts about trying to hit them with the shoe in your hand!! I gently encouraged them to do an 'Elvis', and "leave the building", and rearranged some of the cardboard to extend out a few more inches to the walls, it won't keep them out, but maybe they'll be satisfied to stay below it, kind of , 'under the radar' as it is said....lol!

So when I was in the Giant i grabbed a can of the $1.00 air freshener and tonight I'll use that and my new fan until the smell finally dissipates.

It's just like when there is a mouse in a mousetrap that has gotten stuck out of reach behind the stove or in the wall, the stink will fade away and the critter will just be a dry little husk that one day you'll find the cat and the baby playing with.....lol!
Okay, gotta run, I may be back this afternoon, if not...see you Monday
...................Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave. I saw an ad for this place and thought you might want to check it out when they open this coming up week. Maybe they have some stuff you can use or get for Rachel.

http://www.freestorebaltimore.org/index.html