Friday, May 7, 2010

"Back On The Track.............................."

Good Afternoon;

First to continue the train of thought that ran out of track when I had to run out yesterday;
So I helped Barry (RainMan) get the Wonton soup he was craving and talked with him about his situation and tried to get him to take advantage of the benefits HE can easily qualify for. I asked and he knows about Prologue and went down there to use the shower and the washer/dryer the other day when he came out of the ER in a set of disposable scrubs because the clothes he was wearing were infested with lice, (I knew there was a reason behind my intuitive tendency to keep few feet of space between us when we have talked and don't shake hands....lol), the infected sores and scratches and itching of same are what sent him to the ER in the first place, but refuses to accept their help in acquiring assistance from D.S.S or S.S.A., for some really confusing and incoherently illogical reasons. (The same results came up at the bus stop when I was talking to Donell, another homeless guy who frequents the library, and today in front of the Rite Aid when I went to drop off my prescriptions for refills, with yet another homeless man who frequents Pikesville and panhandles in the area. (Just Local FYI, Barry is white, and Donell and the other fellow whose name escapes me are black.; Also, for Local FYI there is a methadone clinic across from Prologue, so every morning there is an influx of outsiders to Pikesville, between them and some of the Developmentally challenged clients of Prologue who are bussed in each day for the day program, and have permission to leave the building. They look homeless but aren't, and leave either after getting their meth, or when the van leaves in the afternoon.)

Anyway, I tried to reach out, as a way to give back, but only hit 1 for 3....and that one was pretty much only a walk......lol.
I had to get to Jenn's last evening so they could get to Tom's homegroup and I watched the kids. I got a text after the meeting ended asking if I minded if they stopped for a bite to eat, since Devin had already crashed out and Edward was only a short way from dreamland, I said go ahead and then jumped in the shower. They brought me half a cheeseburger from Golden West Cafe in Hampden and said just stay the night, so I crashed on the couch. Between MickeyD's at lunchtime (with a sundae for dessert), and the burger they brought me and the bowl of oat squares cereal and milk, (even though it was Lactaid?!?)...I did not get must sleep last night. I ended up being awake when Jenn left at 4:45 am to go to the gym, and at 7:00 am. when she got back I was still awake. I walked up to the Giant and back and lay down about 8:00 am. and had just fallen back asleep when Devin woke up saw me, and began berating me for being such a sleepyhead and yelling at me to get up and let her out of 'baby jail'...lol!
After a very inactive morning and afternoon, I jumped in the shower again about 1:00 pm. and left about 2:30 pm. to drop off my refill, had the conversation with the big guy laying in the doorway by the RiteAid and came here. I guess I'm going to head over to the Starbucks, because I've nothing else to do tonight and no one to do it with if I did.
Tomorrow morning Jenn and Tom are going to the funeral of his 'little brother', and I'm stopping by and doing some laundry, ( it turns out that there was a full jug of laundry detergent there last Sunday when I bought another one...just not in it's usual place...lol), and shower......again..(hey I get them while I can!!).
I guess I'll be here sometime tomorrow afternoon, or maybe for a few minutes in the morning..... see you later..........................Dave
P.S. .....I've got minutes on both phones, if anybody else is at loose ends this weekend and wants to call me......D.

No comments: