Tuesday, May 18, 2010

'Right Place----Wrong Time...............As Per Usual............"

Good Afternoon;
Sometimes life is like a song....
In my case:


I been in the right place but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing but I must have used the wrong line
I been in the right trip but I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a bad place and I'm wondering what it's good for
I been the right place but it must have been the wrong time
My head was in a bad place but I'm having such a good time


I been running trying to get hung up in my mind
Got to give myself a good talking-to this time
Just need a little brain salad surgery
Got to cure my insecurity


I been in the wrong place but it must have been the right time
I been in the right place but it must have been the wrong song
I been in the right vein but it seems like the wrong arm
I been in the right world but it seems wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong


Slipping dodging sneaking creeping hiding out down the street
See me life shaking with every ho' I meet
Refried confusion is making itself clear
Wonder which way do I go to get on out of here


I been in the right place but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing but I must have used the wrong line
I'd have took the right road but I must have took a wrong turn
I'd have took the right move but I made it at the wrong time
I been on the trip road but I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a good place and I wonder what it's bad for.


Thank You, Mac Rebennac AKA;

Dr.John The Night Tripper


It seems that every time I hear about a program or an opening or a grant for housing..it is the day after it closes, or is filled, or has expired.
Not only that, can someone tell me why every time I meet the woman who would make the perfect companion,

AAAHHHHRRGGGGHHHH!
Why do I always end up next to the most annoying people at the computers here at the library!!! The old biddy next to me is sitting and popping and cracking her gum at the rate of 30 snaps a minute!! And it is not the typical young brainless baby's mama, but some old white woman! And on the other side the evil old bigoted, racist, white haired witch just sat down..............AARRRGGHHHHH!!!!....On and On and On........I'm about to lose it today!!!!
(sorry about that)

she is either gay or with someone else, (happily, damn it!), in a long term relationship.
Yeah, well, if you could not tell, being alone is getting to me at the moment. It was exacerbated by a surprise visit at the coffee shop in Mt. Washington yesterday evening of my friend Michelle, artist, professor at MICA, mother of an adorable little girl, faithful supporter...and all, around wonderful person. Oh yeah, and married....lol!
But seriously, she is a good friend and we had a chance to catch up a bit on each other's lives. And she also rang in with the opinion...."You ought to write a book!", Again, I tried to explain my fears and self doubts about having the ability to write a continuous, coherent manuscript....but, being a teacher, she shot me down and cut me no slack in that direction....lol! I do think I have enough stories to keep a reader interested and amused, but not the skills to put them in the proper form.
I am going to try to find a way to get ahold of an old laptop, maybe if I had the opportunity to sit and write without having a time limit and so much distraction, I could do it. I'd like to, I know that. We shall see what will arise in the next month or so.
I left the Starbucks with Jenn after her meeting last night and we puttered around the Giant for an hour, then I hit the gas station and gave the State it's $2.00. I went into the shed and watched "Jeeves And Wooster" on the DVD player until the battery died and went to sleep about 2:00 am.
This morning I woke up to rain and ended up dozing on and off for an hour at a time until I finally got out of the sleeping bag around 12:30 pm. I went into the Giant to use the restroom, shave and brush my teeth and then get something to eat. It was a zoo, it was so crowded the store manager and the major department managers were on the registers and bagging groceries...you would think there was a snow storm headed for Baltimore... all the milk, bread, and toilet paper being sold.....lol!
Oh great now the crazy deaf woman sits down on one side and moves the computer all the way to the other side of the desk and turns the screen so it can't be seen, and begins her mumbling...while on the OTHER side of me the hip-hop girly boys are watching YouTube dance videos and 'vogueing'...until they will be thrown out....AGAIN!....I repeat....AAARRGGHHHHH!!!
Anyway, I've got to go eat something, it is 4:30 pm. and I have not had breakfast yet, except for a cup of coffee and a handful of honey toasted pecans.
It must be the rain bringing all the crazies out today...but what is bringing them all over next to me!!!???!!! I mean, I'm lonely, but not THAT lonely...LOL!!!
Later.....Dave




No comments: