Monday, May 3, 2010

"They Made Me...................................... 'An Offer I Couldn't Refuse'..................."

Good Afternoon;
So I just got back from lunch with "My Cousin Harriet",
She drove us out to T.G.I. Fridays and she was kind and generous enough to treat.
(I had the 'Sicilian Chicken Sandwich' and a glass of ice water)
We had a very nice chat exchanging family information on our present and recent family members, and I was able to supply some information and answer some questions about her grandfather, who is also my grandfather, but who was married and had left his wife, [HER grandmother] (and children), before he married MY grandmother, (sometime between 1912 and 1919). This was not the type of thing that was talked about in those days, so although there were rumors, there was no solid evidence. It's a bit bizarre...(and what aspect of my life isn't...LOL!)...that the man she knew as her grandfather, who was actually her step-grandfather, had his funeral the same day as my, (her actual), grandfather. Also the families of the second generation grew up sometimes within steps of one another in the same neighborhoods with no knowledge of one another! She is 10 years older than I am, and we have the same memories of certain places either from the distance of age, or the distance of time. As I said earlier, and it is really is a moral imperative, accentuated and accelerated by mortality, we plan to continue to meet and get to know one another..."better late than never"...has never been more aptly applied!
This is the 6th the major contact from the Jewish Times article, and like those old late night ads for 'record clubs'....( a record is to a CD what an e-mail is to a letter kids)....used to say..."And The Hits Just Keep On Coming"!!!..........LOL!
I'm out of time again...............later............................Dave

No comments: