Monday, May 17, 2010

"WeakEnd Update..................."

Good Afternoon, Again;
Well I spent 3 nights inside last week, Wed., Thur., & Fri., at Jenn's doing some babysitting. I left Saturday afternoon to run down to Monkee's to get my week's worth of meds, forgetting that it was Preakness Day until I got to the Metro station and the train was both late and packed. Then when I got to the Hopkins station the connecting buses were running every other scheduled bus, because so many buses were being run on lines servicing the Pimlico Racetrack. I got back just in time to see the race on TV at Jenn's, (I broke even, or a little bit ahead, by balancing bets on the favorites and by taking a 16-1 wager AGAINST! Calvin Borel, {riding the Derby winner Super Saver}, that wiped out all the losses! I could not refuse the odds the guy gave me, and besides, he is an arrogant jerk and it was a pleasure watching himtry to weael out of his bet and then have to pay me in front of a room full of witnesses....rotflmao!!!), I knew my worst possible loss would be $5.00 and my highest possible win could have been $370.00, as it stands, I believe I am the cost of a six-pack of National Boh Ice ahead...lol!
When I left Jenn's after the race, I took the Metro to the Light Rail to Mt. Washington to the Starbucks, looping around most of the traffic leaving town. There were a few 'infielders' on the trains, you could tell by the bright pink complexions....seems nobody brought the sunscreen...lol.
When I left the coffee shop you could see the thin slice of the crescent moon and the reflected dim shadow of the full disk of the moon, and just above it was the planet Venus, in the opposite corner of the sky was the planet Mars shining redly and the planet Saturn could be seen as a pale yellow point in the sky. Plus as I got off the bus at the Plaza Metro station the International Space Station could be seen crossing the sky. All in all a pretty spectacular display!
I ended up reading for a few hours in the shed by the light of my new lantern and fell asleep about 2:00 am.
Sunday, I slept late and I went to the Starbucks around 1:00 pm. and sat out on the back patio until closing at 8:00 pm., and it was still full daylight. This early daylight savings time is good about this time of year.
I had a conversation with a woman with whom I had been passing the time of day with for the past year. She came and sat outside and asked me, "It was you in the Baltimore Magazine, wasn't it?", I laughed and said yes and the Jewish Times too. We talked about the causes and and effects of homelessness, and the rise in both quantity and visibility over the past 30 years. I tried to explain about shelters and the truth versus the public perception of them.
I sat outside the First Watch Cafe and read until about Midnight and went in and watched a video until 2:00 am.
Well the 6,000 mark has been broken, according to Sitemeter, I just want to say Thanks, and 'keep coming back'......(LOL!)
Later.......Dave

No comments: