Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Young Love.........First Love"................................"Maybe No Longer A Flame..............But The Spark Never Dies..............."

Good Afternoon;

So I ended up at Starbucks last night because it was too warm to sit outside and I had nowhere else to go. I met Jenn and got a ride back to the Giant, where I grabbed a bottle of juice and then sat outside on the bench at First Watch reading until almost 1:00 am. (with a visit to the gas station for the bathroom and the Keno...lol), that looks like it's going to be my primary late night, warm dry weather spot to read before retiring to 'Abandoned Acres', since the Mt. Washington Starbucks is not conducive to after hours clientele, and the St. Thomas one still has no tables outside...(at last look).


I got up today and puttered around the Giant looking for bargains for a meal this morning, (Phillips Crab and Shrimp Salad, about 1/2 lb., on sale for $2.35, with a $2.00 off sticker, In Store Bakery Biscuits, 4 @ $1.99, with a $1.50 off sticker, Butterball Deep Fried Thanksgiving Style Deli-Sliced Turkey Breast, on sale for $2.50 a tub, with a $2.00 off sticker)..[anybody who says they are hungry and begging for money, ain't telling you the 'Rest Of The Story' as Paul Harvey used to say]

I sat outside the library for a couple hours and ate and finished my book, until the sun shifted around the building and I lost the shade. It is a lovely day out, why the heck have I wasted so much of it in here on the computer?...LOL!
Well, I'll tell you..I opened my e-mail, and lo and behold in my junk mail folder I see this phrase in the Subject: box that gave me pause, only one person would have any inkling what the hell it meant, and the name in the From: box matched it!
I marked it as 'safe' and transferred it to my Inbox while I answered and wrote some other e-mails, and did some searching on Google and looked at my Facebook account, and so on, and so on....
Yeah I was very nervous and apprehensive about opening this e-mail and stalled for a long while, until my curiosity outweighed my anxiety. I have had no contact with this person for over 20 years, and often wanted to try to contact her but did not for the same reasons I avoided most of the folks I was close to before I began my long, out of control, high speed run down the 'powdery' slopes of the soul eating of the deadly slalom of addiction.
I finally did open it and it was HER, my very first girlfriend, from 1973. Again the JT story caused a parent, her mother, to call a child and exclaim.."Did You See Who Is On The Cover....?"....lol!
I lost contact with Patti sometime just before I had my car accident, (Dec. 20-21?...[one side of midnight or the other...I don't remember exactly, being in a coma and all that...lol!]...1990).
Well she was amazed to see the article and read the blog and we are going to meet when she returns from vacationing and visiting her sister and mother in Florida.
I am overwhelmed with memory and emotion, and a lot of laughter too, we had some fun and silly times together. I am riding the pendulum back and forth between anticipation and apprehension as I anxiously await our reunion.
She was not only my first girlfriend, but the first female with whom I became and stayed friends with, paving the way for many future friendships with other women, (and also men), on a truly 'person to person' basis, over and above, or is it above and beyond, sex, gender, and/or orientation or lifestyle. Funny thing about this situation is that she also knew my best and oldest and in continous contact friend Anna Marie before I met her...small world!
Anyway, I am out of here again, with no place to go or be, and later than I wanted to leave. I'll probably kill the next few hours on the bus to, at ond back from the Starbucks.
Bye now....Dave




No comments: