Friday, May 14, 2010

"Birthday Pizza..................Birthday Cake........................."

Good Afternoon;

Welcome to the newest 'Follower', Lindsey, thanks for reading.

So I have spent the past 2 nights at Jenn's and since I am babysitting the grandmonsters again this evening, and early tomorrow morning, I'll be there again tonight.

Yesterday I took, (Jenn drove), Rachel and Jenn, and Ed and Devin to CiCi's Pizza Buffet over on Rt. 40 West just past Rolling Road. $5.99 @ for adults & $2.99 for kids under 10 years old, and $1.99 for kids under 3 years old, and drinks are $1.79. Everything is all you can eat or drink. The pizza is good for the price and there are also soup, pasta, cheesy bread, and a salad bar on the line. There were about 10 different types of pizza, including 'macaroni and cheese topped', w/ and w/out ground beef. There is also an 'apple pie pizza', gooey chocolate brownies and cinnamon rolls for dessert. Less than $30.00 for the 5 of us. There is also a small arcade in the back, with a few claw machines..(only the candy one pays off every time)..and a basketball toss and a race car game.

We walked over to the "DOLLAR TREE" across the lot, and Rachel went to town and got herself 11 different gifts and had a blast choosing.

Circumstances, 'iffy' weather, and a smaller budget than I wanted changed the plans I had in mind for her birthday, but we stopped at the Giant and I bought a heart shaped cake with red and orange roses and pink and purple accents on the white icing and we took it back to Jenn's where we sang Happy Birthday and ate it.

Her mom called right after and was able to pick her up, so that saved a bus and a train and a bus ride to Towson ..(and back for me).

As I said the day was not quite what I planned, but turned out to be a lovely day anyhow! Rachel and I are going to keep an eye out for the next show that is coming to town, (or movie), or event or exhibit at one of the museums or facilities in the area that she really wants to see and then save up for it and then just the two of us attend as a special delayed treat.

I am also talking with Jenn about taking everyone on a weekday excursion to Sandy Point State Park, as soon as the Bay water temps. are in the comfortable range. Rachel and I and her mom took a trip there a year and a half ago and she still talks about "going to the bay".
I am just killing time for a few hours, just to get some sunshine and take a break from the kids before returning to Jenn's this evening. I'll be gone from there by noonish tomorrow and back in the shed in later in the evening.

There has been a regular spate of hits on my little 'exercise in exorcism' here from the British Isles, logging in directly to the site, with no referral, other than a direct search for 'homelesscide'. There have been enough to trigger my interest as to whether it is a 'loyal reader' traveling or a local, (or local), who have taken an interest in our blog.

Speaking of interest, there has also been a continuing visitation from referrals out of the http://www.homelessincharmcity.com/ site that is published by a group of Towson University students examining homelessness in Baltimore.
We are only 39 visits away from 6,000 hits, a mere drop in the bucket compared to many sites, but hell, a truly amazing number to me, as is the fact that I have done this for 518 times!
I finally received my Medical Assistance card in the mail earlier this week, nearly a month after i was told it would be mailed out immediately, and 10 months after I became eligible, (but of course had no idea for 9 of thiose months..thank you D.S.S.), and I still have not gotten the M.C.O./H.M.O. information package comparing the different plans. I was able to renew my prescriptions without any problem last week, using my old M.A. card, which is exactly the same, as I informed the person in the membership office so they would not have to send a new one, but they insisted it would be different....yeah right....bureaucratic inefficiency in action.......lol!
I have to see Liz next week, if she is back from an emergency leave of absence, and get her to take me back over to the WalMart with the receipt for my new bag....which is splitting along some internal seams, I knew that it was too good to be true....SOMETHING had to go wrong....lol!
Okay I'm out of time for now, I guess I'll see you all tomorrow,.....if I survive the kids another day and night...lol!...or unless I find something interesting to do Saturday, then I'll be back Monday.
Later.........Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning from the British Isles! In answer to your post about the increase in visitors, your blog is spotlighted in The Big Issue, a weekly magazine that helps homeless people With a way to support themselves by buying and selling the magazine. The Big Issue seller that I buy from each week, Mark, has just received confirmation that he will have an apartment beginning next week after many years of 'sleeping rough' as they call it here.