Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Bubbles, Blades, and Babble....................."

Good Evening;

I made it to the library, where I am waiting for Rachel to arrive around 6:45 pm. so we can see the 'Bubble Lady' show..(no not the one from the club on the Block, you naughty person....lol).

I walked to the Reisterstown Plaza Metro station to catch a bus here from Jenn's house reeaaaallll slooowww, trying not to burst into flame or drown in my own perspiration. Jenn used the clippers and shaved my head, down to the lowest guard, 1/16 of an inch so that helps. I did not want to be sunburned on my scalp, and I also did not have a blade new enough so that I would not looked as if I was really, truly scalped....AKA...a bloody mess.
The A/C here is struggling mightily against the humidity, it is very cool but if you are damp when you come in, you're not going to dry off. It's a kind of 'morgue like' feeling here...cold, clammy skin on a lot of pale old people.... a necrophiliacs delight. (Oh no did he really SAY that....PCniks be warned!.....LOL!)


Anyway, I'm looking for somewhere to lay me head tonight, other than the 'hotbox', sweat lodge, sauna, 'cooler', hellhole, and oven formerly known as 'the shed'. Preferably inside with A/C, but since rain is not an issue tonight, anyplace clean, safe, and bug free will do. I'll even sleep under the stars if need be, rain is not an issue anytime soon. But if you have a spare room, bed, cot, couch, or floor, I'll happily keep you company for as long as you like, cooking and (reasonable) cleaning tossed in as a bonus!

I'll check back later, after Rachel leaves and sift through all the invitations and contact the lucky winner then...IT Could Be You!!!
In all seriousness, I don't know when I'll be sleeping inside again.
I'm grateful that I'm able to stop in at Jenn's and shower before the doctor's appt. tomorrow, and on other occasions as needed or as opportunity allows.
Other summer's I have suffered, (and those around me also at times...lol), from not having bathed for as long as a week. Even though I did wash up as thoroughly as possible in a sink each day at various restrooms, there was still a residual 'funk' at times.
I had been stopping at my friend Anna Marie's on a semi-regular basis to shower and for a meal and conversation, but the combination of snow and rain this winter, (to get to her place from the Light Rail I have to cross a stream on stepping stones that disappear as the water rises), put us into one of our periodical 'hiatuses', that have occurred at random over the past 35 years. I exchanged a half a dozen texts (each) with her the other night and we are going to get together again soon, the extreme heat and the effort of carrying my bag plus the extra baggage of all the laundry back and forth across the stream and through the woods and the waiting in the heat for the train and a couple buses and conflictinf schedules..(she has a day care during the day)..have also delayed my heading over there.
There is always the outreach center run by Prologue in Towson, (don't even bother mentioning the Baltimore City facilities, closed subject!), but again the time and effort of travel and distance, (there and back as I have no reason to be or stay in Towson at all), tend to weigh this idea to the negative except for urgent, emergency, or last chance scenarios. Prologue also has the facility in Pikesville which has 1 shower for urgent or emergency needs which I have used on one occasion, (the drawback of this place is a minor annoyance of having no 'changing area' other than the hot, wet, steamy bathroom/shower that leaves you soaked with sweat before you finish dressing).
My fetish for cleanliness is usually satisfied one way or another before I lose it totally, the biggest thing that gets to me now is not having a reasonably ventilated place to lay my head most of the time when it is very hot. I can survive without A/C, but when the inside temps are greater than the outside temps, (in summer),......
......'Godfadda...I got a problem!'
Okay, I'm done for now

Later.................Dave

No comments: