Saturday, July 3, 2010

"From Beyond The Grave.......Or......Reports Of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated!!!!........."

Good Morning;


Well it's getting warm again, the shed was getting stuffy by 7:30 am. and I was out of there and putzing around in the Giant by 8:30 am. After sitting outside the library at the picnic table in the shade eating my nutritious and healthy breakfast of assorted bakery cookies from the Giant, Pringles, Powerade Zero, and a can of Natty Boh (that is National Bohemian for all you non 'Baltimorons'.....lol!) 'ICE' beer at temperature a Brit would appreciate, (you do see the ironic juxtaposition of name/temp., do you not?), by choice/default/laziness not by poverty this time....lol.


Yesterday I had just left Jenn's and she texted me before I had reached the bus stop asking me if I wanted to accompany her as she went shopping. Since the Starbucks is steadily losing it's appeal other than a free place to sit out on the patio, and we usually have a good time in the food store...I said yes. We ended up at the Target getting a birthday present for Tom, the ALDIs between Owings Mills and Reisterstown, (my first visit to this store, it is a cleaner and bit more upscale version of Sav-A-Lot, a few name brands on clearance, and their own brand of EVERYTHING else...not to shabby a selection), back to her house where she had to put the frozen stuff away and put a pizza in the oven for Tom and the kids and I stood out on the parking lot and killed a couple beers. We then headed up to Pikesville and the Giant where we wandered for another hour. After she headed home I sat outside the First Watch and read for a few hours then stopped at the gas station and bought a Keno, lost and bought a scratch off and won $2.00, put a buck in my pocket and bought another of the same scratch off..(Lucky Stars)..and won $1.00, bought another of the same scratch off and....wellllll I lost track but I kept winning $1.00 and trying again for 40 minutes, until I lost at last. So I am only down $1.00 for the nights entertainment.


I ended up watching the DVD of 'Two And A Half Men- Season 2' for a while, falling asleep somewhere in the middle of an episode around 2:30 am., thank goodness for built-in rechargeable batteries, I woke up around 5:00 am. with the dead DVD player still open on my chest. I went back to sleep and like I said was out by 8:30 am., and, here I am.



I have no idea what I am going to do today, I'd like to find somebody to DO something with though. Believe it or not boredom is one of the worst things about being out on the streets, either one has no money and is limited to what is free, and can be accessed while carrying one's life in a bag or bags over the shoulder, or coordinating shower and clean clothes and other people's schedules with finding someplace to leave one's 'stuff' with transportation and the event or whatever is decided upon to do. Rachel's out of town so that screws my first and main choice and it is a holiday weekend so most folks have already made plans or are with family. It looks as if my big 4th of July celebration will be doing laundry and watching the cable at Jenn's while they are out. I offered to watch the kids tonight if Jenn wants to take Tom out for his birthday to night but they have not made a decision if they are going out or not yet.





I heard from Rachel yesterday evening, she was all excited about seeing Lake Michigan.."Daddy I took off my shoes and socks and dipped my feet into Lake Michigan and ran on the beach!!!!", I'm glad she is having a great time. I also so have to admit to being both jealous and depressed that it is not me with her showing and seeing these sights for the first time.


It hurts and I miss her.



I had a text message from my friend Allen around 11:30 pm. last night, "Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive". Now this is something we all have jokingly said to someone we have not seen in a while, but in this case it was statement that came as a blessed relief. You may remember that I mentioned he had hurt his foot and it would not heal and ended up having to be amputated. I had talked to him just after it happened and lost touch for a bit. I then ran into his sister a few months ago and she told me he had been rushed from his rehab hospital to St. Agnes with near total kidney shutdown and was on dialysis. She told me he was in the ICU and had no phone service and cell phones were not permitted. The hospital wold not give me any information and I did not know his sisters name and no one answered his cell when I tried to call. He has a last name that is comparable to 'Smith' in the Pikesville/Owings Mills area so I had no way of knowing who to call to find out about him. I am really glad he is still with us and that he called. I am calling him later this afternoon to get the whole story, now that I just put minutes on my phone.


I now have both numbers active so you can reach me on either one with that invitation to the picnic/party/BBQ on Sunday!


I guess the libraries are closed Sunday the 4th, so if i don't get to use the laptop at Jenn's, I"ll be back here Monday.


Happy Birthday Tom,(USMCR)!

Happy 4th Of July!

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Birthday America!


And don't forget those who have served and sacrificed to get us to this point and keep us free,

The men and women of our Armed Forces, and especially those who have been treated so shamefully and their honor abused so badly, the homeless veterans ignored and abandoned by the government and society, who have fallen though the gaping holes in the 'safety net' and pigeonholed by the V.A. and the military bureaucracy.

The link below is the for the

'National Coalition for Homeless Veterans',

check it out, see how you can help, give if and what you can.





Later.................Dave

No comments: