Friday, July 9, 2010

"Old Home Week.........And, Another Myth Dispelled, One Person At A Time..............."

Good Morning;
Well the 'Bubble Lady' was okay last night, but nothing to write home about, she used dry ice 'smoke' for some of the effects and it was cute enough for the 'knee high crowd' that was there,...but...ehhhh. I have seen a guy do some really cool effects with a cigarette and a straw to inject the smoke, square bubbles, bubble sculptures, and the bubbles do not immediately fall to the floor due to the 'heavier than air' molecular weight of the CO2 .
I am on my way over to Jenn's to shower, (I woke up doing the backstroke in a pool of my own sweat this morning...lol....more on that later.), and dump my bags and then head off to the doctor to get my prescriptions refilled, (in the same neighborhood where I used to conduct a lot of 'off prescription' pharmaceutical business..lol.), and give up some blood and other bodily fluids for their collection.
I stopped into Goldbergs bagels this morning to say HI to Neil and Phil of the Jewish Times, where they have a coffee meeting each Friday, every other time I meant to, I either woke up too late, forgot until after they had left, was at Jenn's or somewhere else, or showed up and that was the week they did not meet. I just stopped in for a few minutes and as I was leaving a man steps out of the door and calls, "Dave...Dave C*****r?..", and I turn and did not recognize him, but knew his voice. It turned out to be Jeff Stern, who my dad, then myself both worked for delivering the Sunpaper about 20 years ago, (that's what I was doing when I had the near fatal car crash that broke my neck and back and started the problems that have led up to the S.S.A. claim), he looked better now than back then and we chatted for a while. He told me his wife works with homeless veterans and at first almost did not take the job because of the standard stereotypical image she used to have of "Homeless" as being synonymous with a "dirtball with a paper cup shoved in your face", he said she was amazed and now is quite happy helping our service men AND women up and out and off the streets and back into society. He said he saw the articles in both magazines this past Feb. and Mar. and had been looking out for me since then but this was the first time we saw each other.
Okay....gotta run now, back this afternoon,
Later............................Dave

No comments: